To manage a team of people; systems; functions; processes and stakeholder relationships to ensure that the financial and reputational risk exposure is mitigated and to support the business in achieving the divisions agreed targets.
- Responsible for key controls in the branch:
- Daily review of reports.
- Manage responses for misdeals forms, debit balance and margin calls.
- Logging and resolutions of complaints.
- Reviewing and management of the corporate actions process in the branch.
- Supervision of payments and journals processing.
- Ensure the fee recovery in the branch is in line with the business rules / client type.
- Responsible to ensure active ongoing account maintenance activities for example static data changes, mandate changes, ODD and FATCA / CRS etc.
- Driving goal achievement in the branch and broader operations team:
- Active participation and ownership of driving initiatives at the branch level.
- Participate in system testing, enhancement, and training.
- Drive adoption and change management in the branch as need for new systems, process, and standardisation, as needed.
- Manage HR related items for the team.
- Set achievable goals for the team, must be specific and measurable.
- Resource planning.
- Performance management and performance discussions.
- Staff development and training.
- Approvals and review new accounts
- FICA / AML amendments
- Management of internal and external stakeholder relationships:
- Portfolio managers
- Branch admin team.
- Corporate team
- Client queries.
- Collaboration with the broader operations team.
- Reviiew and control activities, including but not limited to bank recons, month-end reporting.
- People Specification
- Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Essential Certifications
- JSE RPE Exams
Type of Exposure
- Creating a business plan
- Implementing a strategic plan
- Working with clients to solve client problems
- Communicating job requirements and performance standards to others
- Checking performance data to measure employee performance
- Conducting performance appraisal interviews
- Assuming a key leadership role
- Recruiting and staffing
- Managing business risks
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 years roles administration stockbroking experience.
- 3 years people management experience.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business administration and management
- Change management
- Client service management
- Communication Strategies
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Service level agreements
- Strategic planning
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Decision Making
- Inspiring others
- Guiding Team Success
- Driving for Results
- Planning and Organizing
Other opportunities You Might Like:
- Admin Supervisor
- Admin Manager – Galleria Shopping Centre (Amanzimtoti)
- Administration Clerk: Logistical Services (Metro South)
- Administration Officer (Warrant Officer) – SAPS Vacancies Available
- Admin/ Seceretarial