The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has opportunities for three (3) competent individuals to render an effective administration support service. These posts are based in Metro South Region.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12 or equivalent qualification).
- Relevant administrative experience/exposure.
Key Performance Areas
- Render general clerical support services: Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function);
- Update registers and statistics; Provide Supply Chain clerical support services: Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services;
- Obtain quotations, complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items;
- Provide personnel administration services:
- Maintain a leave register for the component;
- Keep and maintain personnel records ;
- Provide financial administration support services: Capture and update expenditure for the component;
- Check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of officials and submit to manager for approval.
- A good understanding of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collecting statistics;
- Legislative framework governing the Public Service;
- Working procedures in terms of the working environment;
- Skills needed: Communication (written and verbal);
- Planning and organising;
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
- Interpersonal relations;
- Flexibility and team work.
R 176 310per annum (Salary level 5) Note on remuneration: Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Only applications submitted online at: www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs or https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co. will be accepted Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00. Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 214.
Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered
Attachments (if applicable)