Manage and co-ordinate client specific exports via air and ocean freight.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Export cargo within metrics
- Shipment invoicing
- Formalize all customs procedures
- Client communication
- Hazardous shipments
- Breakbulk shipments
- FCL / LCL
- Groupage containers
- Tracking updates
Additional Computer Skills
- MS Excel
Job Related Requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience in freight exports
- Comprehensive knowledge of the logistics industry
- Knowledge of port operations and customs requirements
- Knowledge in container / shipment planning and coordinating
- Person must be organized and be able to manage a desk
- Admin skills required to do reports and analysis
- Self-Motivated and deadline driven
- Able to work under pressure when required
- Team player with positive attitude
- General understanding of the industry and related job requirements for freight forwarding.
- Ability to manage carriers, discuss challenges on shipments and handle any client correspondence both telephonically, on email and in person.
- Liaising and pro-actively communicating with clients and carriers throughout the process.
- Ability to escalate where required to the relevant parties, and maintaining a good working relationship with all various teams and departments.
- Pro-actively communicating and resolving queries or delays for clients
- Managing clients KPIs / performance on a monthly basis and productivity of own desk
- Making special arrangements / involving the right level of individual to support on critical shipments.
- Support in after hour monitoring and tracking and tracing with carriers, arranging specials on weekends or facilitating communication and feedback on weekends.
- Resolving routine queries professionally and timorously
- Optimize margin on each shipment.
- Involvement with implementation of new accounts that fall under your specifications area of work
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to handle and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously is critical.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- A practical problem-solving orientation is essential to optimize and leverage budget and time pressures without compromising the quality and success of work submitted.
- Must be able to work in a multi- functional, matrix team structure and knows how to support and leverage others to achieve work deadlines.
- Experience and understanding of other shipping modes
- Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills are required to drive and keep track of progress against agreed deliverables and deadlines