Sets and maintains all machines to obtain their optimum efficiencies, ensures that all planned maintenance work is done according to the schedules and that all records are kept up to date, liaise with QA personnel and strives to maintain high quality standards. Will when necessary, assist with new projects deemed and work overtime when required.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- With at least 3 years maintenance and setting experience of high-speed packaging, assembly, printing, and manufacturing machines with a thorough knowledge of the implementation and the successful running of a machine maintenance schedule.
Manufacturing of machine parts:
- Will from time to time be required to make new machine parts or repair old parts and will assist with the manufacture of machine parts on new projects.
- Technicians must develop the skills for the setting of all assembly machines.
- Will do running and preventative maintenance according to a planned maintenance program: liaise with the foreman to ensure that all machines and equipment are mechanically sound with adequate lubrication.
- Technicians will ensure that the necessary schedules are filled in at the end of each shift and have been signed off by their Supervisor.
- Technicians must be aware of the outputs of various machines and equipment, in order to achieve the highest possible output figures.
- Will strive to maintain optimum settings, will report any problems related to the non-performance of machines/ equipment and/ or both to the foreman. Will assist with operator and supervisor training on
- Assembly Machines and inform them of any standard procedural changes. Technicians are to ensure that all machines on plan should be in running order before the end of their shift.
- Will consider quality as a key component of all work that is done and products that are manufactured on the machines/ Equipment under his care, will have a thorough knowledge of the product and its components.
- Will continually seek to meet the standards required for all products and will advise the QA Department of any non-performance of the product and or its components.
Safety and housekeeping:
- Prevents and minimizes hazards, ensures that the areas around the machines and equipment are kept clean and tidy by the operatives at all times and that they meet with BIC’s requirements.
- If these requirements are not met he will report this to his foreman / or the Safety Representative for that area.
- We are an ISO 14001 compliant company and technicians are required to prevent and minimize any environmental hazardous and report any possible risks to the foreman and or HSE manager.
- Assembly Technicians are required to work shifts, including weekends and overtime when required and as per shift rosters.
- The incumbent will be aware that the removal of any company property from the premises (Manufactured product and equipment) without prior written permission is a criminal offence.
- He will report any suspicious removal of the same to the engineering foreman or security personnel. The incumbent will understand that he is indirectly responsible for security in and around his work areas.
- The incumbent will be aware of the importance of having good working relations with his colleagues.
- All the operatives in his work areas and all persons he may have to deal with during the course of a day.
- The incumbent must be aware that he will have privileged information regarding the manufacturing and all processes which is the property of BIC SA.
- He is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
- Qualified Fitter & turner or;
- Qualified Millwright
- At least 3 years maintenance and setting experience of high speed packaging, assembly, printing, and manufacturing machines with a thorough knowledge of the implementation and the successful running of a machine maintenance schedule.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: