Spark ATM Systems is South Africa’s premier independent ATM deployer installing convenience ATM’s
into shopping centre, retail, petroleum, leisure and hospitality locations countrywide. The Company
is owned by Cardtronics plc, the world’s leading ATM deployer operational in 10 countries and listed
on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange (CATM) in the USA.
The Company is experiencing significant growth and therefore seeks a skilled candidate who wants to
be part of a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. The position of ATM Field Technician exists in
Middelburg and surrounding regions for a qualified individual, who can install, maintain and repair our
- Conduct physical ATM and signage installations at merchant sites
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of ATMs, including servicing and preventative maintenance
- Meet SLA’s on a daily basis with regards to installations, removals, call-outs, preventative maintenance and signage
- Manage and report on the movement of inventory such as ATMs, ATM parts and consumables
- On a daily basis, process the movement of stock and nature of the callout details on the in-
house mobile app
- Communicate status updates with your Field Services Coordinator throughout the day
- Travel within South Africa to perform ATM servicing, installations and repairs
- Dealing with customers telephonically and in-person
- Conducting merchant training sessions at ATM sites
- Preparing operational and technical reports on an ongoing basis
- Be available on the stand-by roster on weekends, public holidays or weekend shift work,
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering is advantageous
- Comptia A+ Certification is advantageous
- Prior technical experience in the ATM field is essential
- Previous experience in one of the following related industries is beneficial: POS devices, lotto,
value-added services or other related industries
- Fully computer literate (including MS Office)
- Fluent in English
- A valid code 08 South African driver’s licence
- A reliable bakkie in good working condition with a waterproof canopy is essential
- A passion for excellence in all aspects of your career
- Must possess people skills and a personal style that will establish credibility with internal and external customers alike
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to think-out-the-box and generate new ideas
- Be responsible, self-disciplined, reliable, systematic, and have a high degree of personal
- Follow procedures and have a structured approach to problem-solving
- Be organised and have the ability to manage your own time effectively
The company is offering a competitive salary and benefits, exciting incentive opportunities, rewarding work environment, full product knowledge and exciting career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
Remuneration is negotiable depending on your skills and experience. The individual will be remunerated additionally for stand-by shifts on weekends, public holidays and weekend shift work.
Interested parties should email a concise CV and covering letter, outlining why you feel that you are suited to the position, with the subject line: TECHMID0921 and your name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By contacting Spark ATM, you acknowledge and agree Spark ATM has a legitimate business purpose to collect and process your personal information (as defined in Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and any amendments thereto (“POPIA”)) to review your application and to comply with its legal obligations.
Spark ATM will process your personal information in accordance with POPIA and in accordance with and the purposes described in Spark ATM’s privacy notice available at www.sparkatm.co.za/privacy- policy/ (or as time to time subsequently amended). You hereby confirm that you have read and understood and agree with the terms of Spark ATM’s privacy notice.”
If you do not hear from us within 14 days from date of application, please regard your application as
unsuccessful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.