Deliver the highest level of service and satisfaction to all of our customers.
You will diagnose and successfully repair equipment that is sent to the Bench Facilities.
To be successful, the Bench/Field Service Technician will be required to liaise with colleagues and partners across the organization in South Africa to meet customer needs and ensure efficiency in our business operations.
You are responsible for
- Primary function consists of equipment bench repairs in the workshop
- Providing limited technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serving as secondary customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Determining most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Operating relatively autonomous within procedures, methods and techniques
- Adopting appropriate ESD control while servicing PH equipment and also in the Repair Bench facilities
- Reporting identified device safety issues according to applicable PH quality standard policy
- Completing formal and informal training to gain and maintain knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends
- Reporting defective, installed and return part status on Service Work Orders per current policies
- Maintaining company tools and test equipment as required, ensuring test equipment is calibrated prior to due date
- Understanding and applying electronic and mechanical theory to diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment to improve equipment reliability
- Establishing positive customer experiences and relationships, proactively communicating with customers to build satisfaction, credibility and trust; owning the customer experience by communicating effectively, understanding/setting customer expectations; and projecting a sense of urgency to achieve the customer’s expectations
- Proactively identifying opportunities and recommend solutions that will help to meet the needs of the customer
- Continuous following up on order numbers and repairs with customers
- Take ownership of all customer issues and escalate as required
- Performing all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed standards, policies and guidelines.
- Completing all training assigned through Training Management System (TMS)
- Continuous updating of bench certification documentation
- Assisting in the up keeping of the Repair Bench Facility upkeep in terms of 3rd party items
- Always ensuring in the Cleanliness of workshop
- Facilitating with direct sales spares to customers
- Tracking and following up of ordered spares for bench repairs
- Assisting in the supervision and training of interns
- Assisting in the field when needed with Preventative Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, FCO’s and Installations
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA accredited Equivalent
- 3 year Degree in Electrical Engineering or SAQA accredited Equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Bench Repair, or technical repair role
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language
- Experience in performing Corrective Maintenance and Planned Maintenance on Patient Monitoring equipment
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions
- Ability to Read and interpret schematics.
- Understand and apply troubleshooting process to identify root cause(s) of system problems and create clear plan for resolution.
- The candidate must be willing to travel and attend equipment training when required
Opportunities You Might Like: