As a Boilermaker, you will need to provide an engineering technical service to a surface area. Maintain, install and commission of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility.
You will also be responsible for:
- Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices
- Conducts and participate in risk assessments
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Performing work to the required standards and specifications
- Applying appropriate tools to complete tasks
This role is in the Engineering Department at a C2 level reporting to the Engineering Foreman.
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Boilermaker Trade Certificate
- Plant experience would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills:
- English literate (speak, read and write)
- Must be able to do standby and overtime
- Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures
- Valid driving license code 08
- Basic computer skills
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
- If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required
Inclusion & Diversity
- We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are.
- We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.