G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Branch Administrator based in Crown Mines.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timeous administration/completion of the administration support process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
- Prepare relevant data for Management in respect of budget and forecast processes within guidelines of financial policies in the branch.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the branches annual budget and quarterly forecast for ROD and
- Business Analyst approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures
- Ensure branch compliance with company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Capture cash processing invoices to customers on SAP
- Process all credit notes for customers on SAP
- Ensure that all the income for revenue planned is achieved
- Overview of the branch Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
- Release collections on the bank
- Authorize and capture supplier invoices on SAP for payment by Accounts Payable
- Complete new vendor motivations for processing
- Prepare accrual journals for Regional Business Analyst
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for MMR, Balance Sheets, Activity Schedules and consumable stock
- Check monthly reconciliation for Cash Processing
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Regional Operations Director.
- Compile and review of regional balance sheet reconciliations where applicable (* function normally done by business analyst)
- Oversee earnings analysis (salary report) on a monthly basis
- Monitor and Control timeous and accurate processing of accounting transactions on the G4S SAP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Conduct monthly consumable stock audits
- Capture all consumable stock onto SAP system on a monthly basis
- Manage the process of all Capex motivations for central control
- Check all petty cash reimbursements and submit for central control
- Management and Supervision of staff
- Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating
- Consumable Stock procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to branch administration procedures)
- Supervise branch admin and service and support staff and ensure that all job functions are correctly carried out, report back on findings
- Monitor attendance and approve leave for all administration personnel
- Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
- The Ideal Candidate
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Accounting
- 3 years experience in Office Administration/Management
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes
- G4S Cash branch administration policy and procedures
- G4S HR policy and procedures
- G4S Business Ethics policy/ preventing Bribery and Corruption policy
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting
- MS Office
- SAP – creditors and credit notes
- Report writing skills
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Understanding Organization goals and objectives
- Understanding organization environment
- Dealing with change
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering customer service
- Acting professionally
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Managing and Leading people
- We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: