We are currently looking for a talented Brand Manager to join our Head Office team based in Durban.
We require an individual that possess a brand ownership approach when executing functions. An analytical thinker with an eye for detail, delivering excellence with agility and accuracy.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Develop creative, practical, achievable marketing strategies
- Set clear, achievable, effective brand objectives aligned with the brand plans
- Translate strategies into action plans/tactics that can be implemented to achieve brand objectives
- Develop a solid understanding of competitor strategies and understand consumer behaviour, to enable efficient target strategies
- Clearly and uniquely define the brands, to create clear competitive differentiation
- Brand blueprint/DNA ownership and maintenance
- Brief agencies and provide agencies with the necessary frame of reference to enable them to endorse and advance the brands, in a manner that adds value to the brands’ positioning
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of services provided by agencies, in order to ensure alignment with the functional and emotional DNA of the brands and expectations of brand principals
- Engage with key cross-functional internal teams, stakeholders, third-party agencies to complete briefs plus project manage campaigns from start to finish to ensure expectations are managed across the board and deadlines are met
- Research and keep team abreast of trends and best practices
- Input ideas for new and existing internal campaigns and take ownership of their development and implementation
- Identify key Category issues and opportunities through data analysis to drive the growth agenda for your portfolio, taking into account consumer insights and competitor activity.
- Understand the parameters of the marketing budget and manage marketing activities within the specified budget.
- Ensure accurate and timeous reporting of all spend within the budget.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Category performance reports for line management/ senior management.
Customer experience (CX) strategies:
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop innovative CX strategies to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations.
- Reviewing and pulling insights from analytics and data to predict future needs and challenges
- Segmenting customers and audiences into meaningful groups
- Effective execution of customer experience strategy: Define objectives, establish a method of execution, implement, monitor and adjust based on customer experience and response.
- Team alignment and collaboration to deliver on customer experience objectives
- Customer engagement and feedback to market insights
- Propose and monitor marketing mix strategies to build integrated and engaging consumer brand experiences to drive Brand growth
- Design strategies to build and communicate our authentic employer Brand to internal and external audiences
- Create internal communication initiatives that will increase and support internal culture exposure to employees and foster a positive perception
- Support in building a successful employer internal brand guide and asset development that helps HR to continue to attract top talent
- Plan monthly content themes for internal communications (including newsletters, videos, internal branding, surveys, campaigns etc) to drive a consistent message to employees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Marketing qualification – B.com or related business degree or Diploma in Marketing/Brand Management
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Retail industry preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ end-to-end digital and social media marketing experience
- Experience in working in a retail/e-commerce company preferred
- Must be a proactive thinker and demonstrate solution driven, innovative approach.
- Must demonstrate excellent organising and planning skills
- Must be able to be effective and efficient under pressure.
- Good understanding of the marketing mix.
- Up to date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Excellent communication skills, organised and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders and internal cross-functional team members.
- Must be an effective project manager able to handle multiple complex projects, including execution thereof.
- Fast-changing environment. Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing growth environment and to work independently.
Where the magic happens:
- Toys R Us; Babies R Us employees are energetic, customer centric, fun-loving and have a shared value base with the company.
- We have fun whilst working hard, take ownership, encourage teamwork, and are always open to new ideas.
- We are output driven, doers and not only thinkers
- We are entrepreneurial, thrive under change and always look for solutions to do something better and faster
If you meet the above criteria you are a TRUkid so come and join Us!
Other opportunities You Might Like: