Provide program specification and technical solutions for business problems and new requirements and to develop, maintain and support applications and integration in the operations application environment.
This position is responsible for programs and small to medium applications.
This role define, design, develop, test and maintain new and existing applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
Development can be on new systems or modifications and enhancements on existing systems.
This role is also responsible for maintaining and supporting of existing Production Management Database (PMDB) , In-house and IM adapted pre-developed applications, coordinate upgrade processes and to support the user adoption for effective usage of applications in fulfilling business objectives.
The Operations Application Developer will assist project teams in all project phases.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Interact effectively with customers, developers and IT peers to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of new development and modifications into the Operations application production environment
- Interoperate functional specifications and build solutions in Operations application environment
- Should be open to learn new products and take additional responsibilities in Operations application environment
- Analyze and solve day to day problem in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Analyze work requests, provide time estimations, prepare project plans and execute the work in operations application environment.
- Create simple models and model changes in Operations application environment.
- Responsible for coding performance improvements in operations application environment.
- Design and prototype simple solutions, maintain customer relationships, perform knowledge transfer to customers, and support on-site training in Operations application environment
- Adhere to quality and follow client defined standard processes in Operations application environment
- Perform system analysis, design, validation with customers, development, testing, implementation, and documentation and issue resolutions in applications and associated technology components in Operations application environment.
- Ensure that applicable disaster recovery plans and documentation are updated on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for coordination and signoff of testing results of the disaster recovery tests for applicable systems in operations application environment.
- Relevant degree or diploma: BsC IT/Informatics/Bcom Informatics
- 2-3 years’ experience in .Net, MVC Architecture, Entity framework and Web servers
- 2-3 years’ experience in SQLServer Database, Views, stored procedures, Functions, SSRS, SSIS
- Knowledge of petrochemical business processes (highly recommended)
Certification & Professional Membership
- Analytics: The systematic computational analysis of data or statistics
- Business Acumen: An intuitive and applicable understanding of how a company or unit makes money. Displays a thorough understanding of what drives profitability. Maintains a market-focused approach to business. Keeps an overall big picture understanding of the business and its interrelationships enabling a person to make better business decisions. The ability to make good business judgments and quick decisions in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome. Compile budget and cost reports on projects
- Decision Making: Ability to know when and what decisions should be made and to make several decisions simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. It involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
- Project Management: The process of planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a well-defined objective, usually within constraints of time, resources, and cost. Be able to coordinate and negotiate with suppliers, internal clients, maintenance peers and supervisors, as well as contractors
- Total Quality Management: The strategy for continuously improving the quality of process output, based on five fundamental principles of Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Measurement, Total Involvement and Systematic Support. Taking initiative to identify improvement opportunities and presenting ideas or initiatives to line management