We are looking for a Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently. Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, gift-wrapping packages and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a customer service position and good knowledge of how cash registers operate.
You should also be available to take weekend shifts occasionally. Ultimately, you’ll ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
- Bag, box or gift-wrap packages
- Handle merchandise returns and exchanges
- Provide a fast and friendly check out experience
- Execute cash handling to standards
- Engage customers on benefits of Rewards and complete enrollments
- Participate in the truck un-load and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Responsible to complete merchandise recovery and maintenance to include the merchandise return / go back process
- Support shrink and safety programs
- Assist with Omni channel processes
- Acknowledge customers, help locate product and provide solutions
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12
- Work experience (2 years) as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like a cash register
- Good math skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- 2-3 years’ experience as Cashier in a packing or wholesale environment would be to your advantage
- Packing product knowledge
- Professional, presentable appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in Afrikaans and English.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Must be able to multitask and function under pressure.
- Must have very good people skills
Shop is based in Midrand Blue Valley
Salary is R6000
Interested candidates can send their CV