To provide sound technical leadership and direct the establishment and operations of integrated information systems for the company with the aim of building a credible pipeline of South Africa’s priority infrastructure programmes and projects that are visible to investors and stakeholders.
To ensure that the underlying platform used is robust and that the application of technology systems builds stakeholder confidence in company’s data integrity.
- Setting objectives and strategies for the company’s use of technological resources to achieve its mandate.
- Defining the company’s required digital architecture.
- Developing a suite of the company policies for technology and information systems.
- Identifying, assessing, selecting, customizing and managing the adoption of technology systems that are suitable for the advancement of the company’s mandate.
- Establishing company’s technology and information systems risk management and mitigation plans.
- Establishing quality assurance and quality control standards for the company’s technology and information systems.
- Setting and maintaining standard operating procedures for the utilization of adopted systems.
- Directing the application of technology systems to streamline internal company operations.
- Directing all company’s technology projects for completion on time and on budget.
- Establishing standard operating procedures to ensure credible information collection, collation and dissemination.
- Improving business processes to ensure that technology applications enhance efficiency.
- Managing data security and data warehousing.
- Directing the management of data collation for reporting purposes.
- Managing the availability of the company data and information for public consumption.
- Working with line functionaries to optimize data integrity.
- Planning and performing the implementation of new technology systems.
- Providing guidance to the data analytics team.
- Using stakeholders’ feedback to inform improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Assisting all company staff to use technology effectively.
- Managing the selection, purchase and replacement of technology equipment and software.
- Establishing commercial partnerships with service providers where required.
- Monitoring technology infrastructure (networks and computer systems) to ensure optimal performance, functionality, cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Building data quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Monitoring changes and advancements in technologies to discover ways to gain efficiencies and improved service quality to company’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously monitoring and analyzing technology risks, costs and value for money.
- Working with external stakeholders in government and the private sector to optimize systems integration with other institutions wherever possible.
- Continuously monitoring global technology and information management standards that are applicable to company’s mandate and propose adoptions as required.
- Conducting performance management of staff and service providers within the technology and information systems line function of the company.
- Directing various current workstreams and service providers to establish coherent direction, integration and optimal outputs and outcomes.
- Building an internal team capable of managing the company’s technology and information systems on an ongoing basis.
- Professional registration with relevant industry bodies, recognized in South Africa.
- BSc/ BA in computer science/ engineering or relevant field
- MSc/ MA will be an added advantage
- Project management qualification/ certification will be an advantage
- Professional registration with relevant industry bodies, recognized in South Africa
Experience / Knowledge:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in an established institution that requires high levels of data integrity and system integration
- At least 5 – 10 years’ experience managing technology teams and projects with service providers.
- Knowledge and experience with the selection, integration and management of enterprise software and technology infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience in the establishment and operations of fit-for-purpose digital architecture in a cost-effective manner
- Knowledge of the current well-versed technology trends
- Knowledge and experience of systems used for complex infrastructure portfolio, programme and project management
- Experience and knowledge in using microservices and cloud services