A logistics company is looking for professional and experienced Code 10/14 Drivers for the Durban / Johannesburg / Cape Town. Requirements are as follows:
- Matric (not essential but advantageous)
- 3 – 5 years’ solid experience driving truck – code 10
- Presentable, well spoken and professional
- Must be willing to work on contract basis
- Must have valid license with PDP
Payrate is R45 – R49 per hour.
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the employer or technician
- Report any instance of mishap or accident to the dispatcher or supervisor
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refuelling the car(s).
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance
- Keep up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code
- SA citizen, English speaking, honest and hardworking
- Be able to operate TLB
- Load and unload building material or related
- Precisely finish all paper work connected with conveyance of material or related
- Transport products, materials, and staff securely to areas where they are needed
- Guarantee that products and staff are protected and secured
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager
- Ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
All interested candidates may forward CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.