The role of the Finance team is to provide strong financial support, management and robust challenge within the business, enabling the CFO to report the monthly performance to the ELT and PE backers. The finance team will also ensure a strong financial control environment exists, and proactively support/police the adherence to Woven policies and procedures, whilst encouraging continuous improvement. We support all of our teams with a Business Partnering approach; candidates should be comfortable with becoming a Finance Business Partner within Woven, providing support to all levels of staff, across our business
- The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and have a flexible approach to work.
- They should be able to demonstrate good organisational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
- They should be able to communicate effectively with non-finance people in a friendly and courteous manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with Clients and colleagues at all levels.
- The job requires the ability to work well as part of a team but also independently using their own initiative where appropriate.
- The candidate will be actively encouraged to develop their career at Woven and given the necessary support to achieve progression. Ultimately, the success of this will be determined by the candidates’ willingness, ability and approach.
- Partner with Group Financial Controller and Reporting Financial Manager to assist them in delivery of month end reporting, annual budgets, providing financial and commercial insight as well as financial year-end closing
- Assist business on driving further insight and improving profitability by monitoring KPI’s, completion of bid models, driving commercial benefit through margin analysis
- Liaise with other departments to ensure governance on onboard and off boarding adhered to
- Ownership of group cost reporting and liaising with exec team on their monthly performance versus budget and forecast
- Overseeing and analysing cost expenditures and purchases
- Overseeing and analysing prepayments and accruals
- Assist in general ledger preparation and audits
- Performing account reconciliations
- Supporting other finance members with purchasing and capital expenditure (assets / finance leases)
- Other ad-hoc activities
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels, build strong working relationships with them
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role.
- Able to manage workload, financial projects and prioritise.
- Bachelors degree in accounting (essential)
- Professional Accountancy qualification or in the final stages of registering, such as CIMA / ACCA / SAIPA
- Advanced Excel skills (familiar with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the “bigger picture”.
- Remain composed in a busy / fast paced environment
- Team player with “hands on” approach
- Excellent Communication skills
- SAGE experience
- BPO experience
- 1-2 years cost accounting experience
- Partial remote working
- Working hours 08:30 – 17:30
- UK holiday calendar
Please be aware that as part of the internal recruitment process, should you apply for a role, you are giving your consent to your employment records being accessed if requested.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or any reasonable adjustment that requires accommodation, please contact us.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: