We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the DC Project Manager.
Your responsibilities include :
- Leads operations training for new and current employees
- Tracks employee progress and assists in analysing training program effectiveness
- Collaborate with the DC leadership team to identify staff training and development needs for improved performance and provide resources and trainings to meet those needs.
- Assist in the coaching of staff towards meeting and exceeding performance expectations for quantity, quality, timeliness, and efficiency
- Conduct on-the-job training and employee orientation including Safety Methods Training and Production
- Standards for company employees in the Operations department
- Demonstrate, train and enforce Operational “Best Practices”
- Assist supervisors and management staff with people development.
- Identify areas that need the most improvement and report to supervisor for quality enhancement
- Drive and implement a multi skilling program
- Assist with annual performance review
- Assist in rolling-our the company training program ( my academy)
- Ensure SOP are adhered to
- Routinely audit Operational SOP
- Develop training material for new equipment and processes
- Train and support the understanding of operational KPI
- Works on ad hoc projects and events.
- Preparation of management reports
- Collaborate with project and operations managers
- Design, implement, and train on newly designed processes
- Constant engagement with the workforce on the operational floor to evaluate SOP adherence and training requirements
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree/Diploma in HR / Supply Chain / Operations management / Industrial engineering or similar
- 3-5 years field experience in staff training / staff development
- Experience in BEST OPERATING PRACTICES
- Experience in Continuous improvement / Six Sigma
- Strong People management affinity
- Warehousing and FMCG experience beneficial
- WMS systems experience beneficial
Skills required :
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Experience in the management of staff
- Strong administration skills
- Computer Literate (Intermediate to Advance Excel skills, PowerPoint presentations skills, MS Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Project Management)
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Other Opportunities You Might Like:
- Front End Loader Operator – Public Bonds and Projects Pty Vacancy
- Operations Manager
- Operational Support Officer