The Desktop Support role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within Capita South Africa desktop computing environment.
This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, notebooks, WYSE terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance.
The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Desktop Support (Reside / Live in Durban)
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with system issues and problems.
- Respond to requests for assistance by phone, email and/or using a service desk management system
- Logs all system problems and tracks the calls through to resolution
- Ensures timely escalation of problems by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution
- Documents Service Desk processes, procedures and resolution information
- Provides day to day end user support.
- Diagnoses causes of problems being encountered, and determines/ suggests needed corrective actions
- Follow procedures for software and hardware inventory and license tracking
- Analyze existing hardware and software processes, identify potential improvements
- Standardize and document all new processes and procedures
- Provide a single view to the management for system related problems
- Implements, maintains and manages the cascading of all relevant Capita policies & procedures to team members
- Reports all Health & Safety incidents to the Occupational Health and Safety Officer on site.
- Ensure safe working practices are adopted by themselves and other employees in their work areas to maintain a safe working environment for employees and clients. These are defined in the staff handbook.
- Work in compliance with the code of conduct of Capita and its commitment to equal opportunities.
- Quality assurance
Knowledge (what Must I Know)
- Experience working in a fast-paced and structured environment is an advantage
- Quality Assurance principle
Skills and Abilities (what must I be able to do / display)
- Working with people
- Attention to detail
- Persuading and influencing
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Commercial Awareness
- Relating and networking
- Structured Thinking
- Strategic Management
- Methodical approach
- Commitment to Customer Excellence
- Business acumen
- Quality Management
- Ability to conform to policy and Procedure
- Championing Capita’s Values (VOICE)
- Matric (Grade 12) completed
- IT or similar Qualification Advantageous
- ITIL Certificate Advantageous
- Min. 2 – 3 years IT support experience preferably in the BPO Industry
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Must be able to perform labour intensive tasks, as well as to work after hours, on weekends and on standby when necessary.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all IT equipment is setup in line with industry standards.
- Takes initiative and works under own direction. Takes ownership and responsibility for work and sees it through to resolution.
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
- Listens, supports and cares for others and Shows empathy.
- Relates well to people at all levels
Please note that whilst we are in a period where there is generally a hold on recruitment, all business-critical roles as approved by the business will still be recruited.
Capita South Africa adheres to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and preference will be given to candidates in line with the business’ EE targets and goals.
The shortlisted candidates are subject to be assessed using relevant assessment tools based on the needs and requirements of the role.
APPLY ON WORKDAY!
On your Workday Welcome page, click on Career, then click on “Find jobs at Capita”, scroll down and apply NOW.
Durban, South Africa