- Provide right level of direction, guidance, problem resolution and delivery support to team members
- Supervising desktop support operations and serve as focal point for end user concerns
- Responsibility for support of a Multi-site environment; including remote offices and remote employees
- Manage the desktop and Laptop builds, deployment, maintenance, support of IT hardware
- Support desktop maintenance, security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management
- Undertake systems analysis – user requirements capture, solution definition and system req
- Assess risk, identify critical service and system dependencies
- Contribute to disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Develop and manage a change control procedure
- Undertake project work as required by Technology team
- Design Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for common desktop support tasks
- Developing and Implementing desktop standards
- Measuring and tracking service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Interacting with senior management and technical people at a variety of levels as well as ability to address technical issues with non-technical associates
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
- People Management
- Practice leadership responsibilities for a group of staff, execution of people management processes, employee development and ensuring effective communication
- Lead, motivate, performance-manage, and develop the Desktop team to deliver against business objectives
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and service delivery
Knowledge and Experience
- 9 months tenure within Capita
Qualified by experience
- In-depth understanding of ITIL methodology
- 7-8 years of Service Operations experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within IT in multi-site enterprise environment
- Team leadership abilities.
- Practical knowledge of large-scale server/client structures.
- Knowledge of systems management technologies
- Good understanding of networks and major components of the infrastructure
- Good awareness of business, its position in the commercial marketplace.
- Detailed knowledge of system administration on Windows platform and IT infrastructure.
- Awareness of the major applications in use at and an understanding of their role in the business
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good understanding of disaster recovery routines and principles in a data centre environment.
- Planning & Execution
- Team Working
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Customer Relationship
- Decision Making
- Technical Advisor
Internal & External Working Relationship
- The role reports to the IT Operations Manager
- The role works closely with other technical support teams.
- The role has Support engineers as direct reports.
- The role deals with users at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in an ever-changing environment
- A positive, proactive thinker with an optimistic approach to delivery
- Assertive with the ability to gain commitment from stakeholders
- Ability to work under stressful conditions with tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
Please note that whilst we are in a period where there is generally a hold on recruitment, all business-critical roles as approved by the business will still be recruited.
Capita South Africa adheres to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and preference will be given to candidates in line with the business’ EE targets and goals.
The shortlisted candidates are subject to be assessed using relevant assessment tools based on the needs and requirements of the role.
Other opportunities You Might Like:
- Desktop Support (Durban)
- ISP & Desktop Support Technician
- Systems & IT Support Technician
- Service Engineer