As the Electrician you will provide an engineering service to a surface area. You will be required to maintain, install and commissioning of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility.
Your responsibilities include:
- Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
- Attend and conduct Safety meeting
- Conducts and participate in Risk assessments
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Comply to environmental requirements
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Works in a sequence that prioritises work requirements
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PM’s)
- Performing work to the required standards and specifications
- Applying appropriate tools to complete tasks
- This role is in the Engineering Department at a C2 level reporting to the Engineering Foreman.
You must have:
- Grade 12 or Technical N2 Trade Specific
- Recognised Electrician Trade Certificate
- Medium Voltage Certificate is essential
- Driver’s license code 08
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in a Processing Plant will be advantageous
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be familiar with risk assessment procedures
- Basic Computer Literacy skills
- You will be required to work overtime and do standby duties when required
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of Platinum Group Metals (PGMs): Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Ruthenium, Iridium and Osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: