ENGINEER: ASSET MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL STANDARDS, D UPPER: SERITI COAL, SHARED SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible to manage and facilitate the process of developing and maintaining the Seriti Engineering and Asset Management standards, procedures, specifications, equipment selection standards, key risk assessments and other technical governance documents within the Seriti document management system.
This includes ensuring that the complete set of technical documentation required to operate and maintain Seriti’s physical assets is in place, up to date, accessible, and utilised effectively by the operations.
This role is expected to provide technical input into the various engineering and asset management documents and resolve technical issues in conjunction with technical experts.
The role will also monitor compliance to defined Engineering/ Governance and Technical Stewardship processes, other relevant Business/Asset defined process, statutory legislation, internal standards, and industry and/or government standards
This role is also responsible for ensuring that technical engineering subject matter expertise and consultative support is provided to operations.
- Asset Management and Engineering Technical Document Management
- Plant and Equipment Standardisation
- Programmed and Unprogrammed Maintenance Standard Task Instructions
- Ensures awareness, understanding and implementation of technical documentation
You will need:
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (NQF Level 7)
- Safety & Risk Management courses
- Minimum 6 years Engineering experience in a coal mining industry
- Experience in a project management environment
- Experience in document management, including the drafting, reviewing and updating of technical documents
- In depth knowledge of all relevant legislation incl.: MPRDA, MHSA, OHSAS, Mines and Works Act, 1956, Minerals Act no 50 of 1991, LRA, BCEA, EEA, DTI Codes
- Extensive knowledge of the Coal Mining Industry, and Opencast and Underground Mining Operation practices, machinery, and equipment
- Good understanding of safety management theory, behavioural safety and risk management models, procedures, and systems
- Knowledge of SANS and international standards relevant to the coal mining environment
- Written and verbal communication skills (ensuring concise and easy to follow documents)
- Problem solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Interpersonal skills (coordinating other staff members who contribute to documentation creation, completion or review)
- Numeracy Skills
- Attention to detail (ensuring documents are easy to follow and published without errors)
- Advanced Computer literacy (MS Office, SharePoint and other mining related software programmes)
- Valid driver’s licence
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
- Government Certificate of Competence (GCC)
- Professionally registered as an Engineer or in another technical discipline
- Management Development Programme or equivalent Sound knowledge of Seriti Operational and Engineering Codes of Practices, standards, policies, and procedures
- Good knowledge of Seriti Coal Safety and Sustainable development policies, procedures, and standards
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only