The primary duty of the Executive Chauffeur is to safely transport the Senior Country Officer, local executives and other corporate passengers to and from destinations in a comfortable and timely manner in accordance with the governing road and traffic laws of the country.
The chauffeur may also be required to collect/deliver packages or provide ad hoc support within the office when not driving.
The chauffeur will take instruction from their local manager and designated Admin Lead and will need to maintain regular contact throughout the day for any change in the booking schedule.
The chauffeur will need to ensure that the car is fuelled and stocked with any provisions required for passengers.
The chauffeur will be expected to perform periodic routine vehicle checks and maintain roadworthiness and cleanliness of the vehicle.
A log of passengers/trips must be maintained and any expenses incurred accounted for with receipts (tolls/parking/fuel).
On occasion, there will also be a requirement to support trips occurring at the weekend, evenings and night. The chauffeur will need to be flexible to accommodate these requests.
- Comply with the firm’s Company Use Car Policy, regional Drivers Procedures and safety guidelines.
- Conduct vehicle checks for safety, roadworthiness at the frequency outlined in the Drivers Procedures document. This includes arranging vehicle repairs/service.
- Safely transport employees / passengers as well as various packages to and from specified locations in a timely manner, adjust routes to avoid traffic congestion or road works.
- Maintain an organized travel schedule, check in with the office on a regular basis throughout the day. Advise office of any delays or changes.
- Keep the company vehicle clean, properly maintained and ensure vehicles have sufficient fuel and ready for use.
- Work at night and on weekends (when required)
- Assist with the loading and offloading of employee/passenger luggage, products, and materials.
- Promptly inform the company of any tickets issued against the company vehicle during work hours.
- Ensure that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing or penalties.
- Update monthly kilometer records and maintain daily log of passengers
- Report any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage using the appropriate tools and process.
- Regularly log into the firm’s network to complete mandatory training.
- Comply with preventative safety measures relating to COVID-19.
- Support the Office team with ad hoc tasks when not driving.
Experience, Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Min 5 years Executive driver experience, ideally with advanced driving experience with a reputable company,
- Embassy or international organisations (a reference from present and previous companies will be required on the day of the interview).
- Valid Driving license and ability to demonstrate safe driving tactics and road conscious skills
- Fitness in sight/vision and health as per recommendations by the road and traffic governing body.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating patience and flexibility in approach
- Presentable and tidy appearance
- Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge
- Comprehensive road network knowledge of Greater Johannesburg and Pretoria areas. Ability to use GPS systems
- Intermediate (equivalent to Metrics, standard 12) with fluency in English required
- An advanced driving certificate from an accredited Institute of advanced driving is a benefit but not a necessity.
Medical certificate of fitness and vision may be required in some countries
- First Aid Level 1 certificate
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors.
Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.