Financial Sector Conduct Authority has a job position for Executive Secretary available.
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Deputy Commissioner and to ensure that office operations within the Deputy Commissioner’s office are efficient and successful in supporting business activities. The person appointed to this position will report directly to the Deputy Commissioner.
- Render secretarial and executive administrative support to the Deputy Commissioner.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and telephone calls.
- Manage travel and accommodation arrangements for the Deputy Commissioner.
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders.
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents as requested.
- Plan and arrange internal and external meetings, workshops and functions.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Perform all additional functions ordinarily required of an Executive secretary including, but not limited to preparation of forms and other standard documents
- for consideration for submissions to various committees;
- Follow – up on document reviews to ensure timeous finalization of documents; and
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings etc.).
- Any other official responsibilities delegated by the Deputy Commissioner.
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
An excellent command of both spoken and written English; disciplined, organized and reasonably tidy; reliable, trustworthy, of sound judgment, self-confident co-operative and supportive nature; commitment to ensuring effective team work and ensures that all work is done timeously, at a high standard and that the organization’s reputation is protected and enhanced.
The candidate must also have exceptional interpersonal skills, be friendly and display professional demeanor. Knowledge of project administration; document configuration and file planning will be an added advantage.
FSCA is committed towards increasing the representation of marginalized groups in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short listed candidates and that the FSCA reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
A Matric certificate, a Secretarial Diploma or equivalent, with more than 5 years secretarial experience (at least 3 years at executive level) as a Secretary/Personal Assistant or Office Manager on a full-time basis.
The candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and other commonly used office software products.
The candidate must have knowledge of developing and maintaining all office support procedures through supervision of staff to ensure that the Deputy Commissioner’s office support tasks are performed in a timely and efficient manner.