Under the leadership of the General Accounting Supervisor, complete the following activities in accordance with agreed service levels:
- Responsibility for month-end close activities.
- Update and complete SOP’s process documents.
- On a monthly basis process all relevant transactions in the general ledger with special note on overdue items and making appropriate disclosures to the General Accounting Supervisor.
- Responsible for processing all journal entries into relevant ledgers and submission to the General Accounting Supervisor for review in a timely manner.
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing general ledger balance sheet reconciliations, investigate and report on financial discrepancies and overdue items.
- Complete and submit all relevant statutory and regulatory returns performed by the accounting team.
- Execute escalation process to support effective service delivery.
- Assist in the preparation of the KPI reports.
- Support deadline management
- Follow up and ensure that audit requests are submitted
- Focus on recording, completeness and measurement of all transactions
- Ensure controls are adhered to and executed
- Drive adherence to safety.
- Any other tasks as and when required.
This role is at a Band 7 level reporting to the General Accounting Supervisor.
- BCOM Accounting /BCOMPT Degree or a relevant tertiary qualification or comprehensive experience in a financial discipline at a recognised institution
- Accounting experience in the mining industry/corporate multinational environment
- 2 Years Record to Report (General Accounting) experience
- Demonstrated functional accounting experience in a similar environment
- Experience of year-end and other statutory reporting
- Experience with analysis and benchmarking of financial/business data
- Experience of performing key controls and working with adherence to financial
- Currently a member or eligible to become a member of a recognised accounting body (recommended)
- Valid Driver`s license
Anglo American Limited, Global Shared Services – Group Finance
Anglo American has set its Burning Ambition to be the most valued mining company by all its stakeholders by 2023.
A high-performing Global Shared Services (GSS) function, able to assist in driving the functional transformation agenda, as well as provide a broad range of critical support services to the business, is a key enabler to delivering this strategic objective.
The transformation of the existing GSS organisation will lay the foundations for GSS ambition to be a strategic asset for Anglo American and is therefore a critical project on the roadmap to delivering the Burning Ambition.
Core to delivering the GSS vision is a customer-centric approach to service management that clearly defines accountabilities across end-to-end processes and enables meaningful performance discussions between GSS, the Business Units and Functions.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: