To formulate a tactical Transport Operations strategy and associated practice delivery plan and influence operational implementation, contributing to client satisfaction, reduced risk and improved profitability.
Key performance areas
- Asset Management – Ensure vehicles physically meet standards and that all assets are optimally utilized.
- Financial Management & Administration – Budgeting and Cost-Control; Achieving budgeted Revenue & Profit Targets; Prepare annual budgets in conjunction with line managers, etc.
- Human Capital Management in all areas of responsibility
- Operational Management & Customer Service – Establish and maintain sound relationships with customers community organizations, employees etc. by building the company image to ensure business units meet and achieve the requirements of relevant SLA’s, meet & exceed external & internal; customer expectations, etc. enforcing ethical business practices.
- People Management – Performance Management; Staffing structure; forecasting; Development of employees i.t.o Training; Industrial Relations Management etc. Ensure that the internal and external resources are available that are capable of delivering high quality services and service levels that meet increasingly demanding customer expectations. Lead and motivate staff to set and achieve challenging targets
- Administration Management – Ensure personnel administration completed timeously and accurately; Ensure POD’s are collected and processed accordingly
- Review and evaluate the processes designed to ensure regulatory compliance and manage risk in all aspects of the business and take action continuously to improve the company’s performance in these areas.
- Ensure business units/depot comply with environmental and occupational H&S standards to meet legal requirements
- Provide leadership and direct corporate decision making.
Relevant Tertiary Qualification e.g. Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Advanced Diploma in Logistics Management or Road Transport Management etc.
Skills and experience required
- Minimum 5 years Operational experience (FMCG environment) in a senior management capacity (supply chain or logistics)
- Experience in a dynamic, high-volume operating environment.
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation (Road Traffic Act, LRA, BCEA, Bargaining Council Agreement etc.)
- Proven Budgetary and financial skills.
- Employee Relations and Conflict Management skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures.
- Computer Literate in MS Office and relevant Transport Management systems.
- Proven Interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Customer Service Skills and experience of SLA’s
- Ability to manage and motivate large teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management & ability to work independently.
- Business development skills
- Project Management skills
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Innovative & entrepreneurial
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.