To lead, manage and coordinate all hospital activities and to meet the needs of internal and external customers through the execution of both the Group Strategy and Hospital Operational Objectives. The incumbent accepts overall accountability for the performance of the Hospital operations and adherence to all Group policies and procedures.
- Drive the optimum functioning of hospital operations, identify and monitor gaps and risks and implement corrective action.
- Maintain quality patient care delivery and standards through management of key members.
- Lead and market quality actively, as it relates to staff, doctors and other stakeholders.
- Drive improvement of quality metrics through key management members.
- Participate in and present hospital operations feedback and performance at Group forums.
- Coordinate and participate, where applicable, in the optimum functioning of the Practitioner Advisory Board (PAB) and other Committees (e.g. Mortality and Morbidity Meetings).
- Accept overall accountability for all clinical outcomes by supporting improvement initiatives and ensuring that incidents (adverse events) are managed (investigated, reported and corrective action implemented).
- Develop a marketing strategy for the hospital aligned to the Group’s business plan and marketing strategy.
- Drive the marketing of the hospital by understanding, identifying and addressing the needs of the target market and local community.
- Understand competitor strategies, identify risks and implement controls in order to mitigate these risks.
- Identify, investigate and motivate new business opportunities.
- Relevant business or healthcare-related undergraduate degree essential.
- Post-graduate qualification advantageous.
- 5 to 10 years’ proven leadership and general business management experience (including financial and operations management experience) within a healthcare setting or services industry.
- Knowledge of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role-players including understanding of relevant legislation.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn specialized fields, terminology, and medical equipment.