To perform testing activities for implementation of successful business solutions, defect fixes, functional testing, system enhancements, new applications testing (this will be for changes to systems or business products) and fixes for incidents. The test analyst verifies and validates that the intended solution meets stated requirements and specifications that guided its design and development, and that they work as expected.
- Test Planning.
- Test scenario and/or test case preparation, construction and review.
- Test prerequisites compilation (dependencies, access, environment, data).
- Test execution, recording and defect logging.
- Maintain testing that conforms to the TCoE quality standards framework with a high level of accuracy.
- Test status updates and reporting.
- Test closure activities.
- Formal Education Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree qualified (IT or related technical)
- Formal software testing training (e.g. ISTQB, ISEB)
- Manual testing experience
- SQL experience
- Automated testing tool experience
- Remedy or similar CM experience
- Testing in a retail environment
Knowledge and Skills
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of functional testing, system testing, end-to-end scenario testing, integration testing, regression testing .
- Preparation of testing documents and performing internal testing.
- Preparation of Data templates for various objects.
- Integration testing with other related modules.
- Go-live preparation and post Go-live support.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues for the system and providing support.
- Executing the required changes through configuration.
- Executing the analysis and resolution of Production Support calls.
- Change Requests
- Identifying Change Requests (CR’s) and writing System Proposals for them.
- Preparing test scenarios and data for testing of CR’s (Change Requests).
- Testing CR’s (Change Requests) and preparing test results.
- Integration with internal and external services and system
- Coding – desirable
- Experience of testing using test management tools such as HP ALM/QC, API
- Experience in HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT) & Load Runner a plus.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work delivery.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces.
- Excellent understanding of testing concepts and the role of QA within Agile development methodology / Scrum management techniques.
- Experience of testing using an automated test tool such as QC and QTP/Selenium/Test Complete/Python or any other.
- Specification of functional / non-functional test data requirements