The Faircape Group constitutes a group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Healthcare, Retirement Holdings, Telecommunications and an ISP, Utility Management and infrastructure installation, Property Management and related activities.
The Faircape Group has an exciting opportunity for an ISP & Desktop Support Technician.
- The ISP Support Specialist is responsible for assisting customers and internal staff with technical issues on their fibre/wireless services, or questions relating to computer hardware and/or software .
- Duties will include taking phone calls from customers/staff or communicating with them through messaging platforms or onsite.
- Helping customers or internal staff diagnose technical issues over the phone/email/onsite and resolving their issues timeously, also, installing, maintaining & tracking (Asset Management) company hardware, software, networks, and infrastructure to ensure business sustainability and good end-user experience.
Provide technical support across the company, remotely or onsite and contribute to the continuous improvement of processes, systems, knowledge base and third-party relationships. Provide residential customer ISP support on a rotational basis.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- WiFi coverage in villages
- General network maintenance (including upgrades, software updates)
- New network device configurations
- Fumes UPS, water meters configurations
- Faircom Support Desk duties
- Residential customers router configurations
- VoIP configurations and setups
- Faircape IT/desktop queries
- Fault Reporting
- Creating and updating ISP support policies and procedures
- Configure, deploy and maintain computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment for new and existing staff
- Asset Management
- Obtain quotations for IT related equipment
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly ongoing and continuous tasks
- Maintaining and monitoring systems and the network monitoring software
- Relevant Information Technology Degree or Diploma advantageous
- Mikrotik MTCNA/MTCRE
- Qualification or Certificate in Information Technology or other relevant qualifications from industry
- recognised institutes (A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE, MCP or MOUSE)
- Valid Driver’s License and Own Reliable Transport (Compulsory)
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a Desktop Support Technician, Network Support Technician, Systems Administrator, or similar role
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting desktop and laptop computers and their operating systems and peripherals in office environments (Windows, Chrome OS, Macos).
- Experience working with and understanding the fundamentals of configuring and troubleshooting computer networks (TCP IP configuration, subnets, DNS, etc.).
- Experience working with, configuring and troubleshooting network devices (VOIP handsets, residential Routers, etc.).
- Experience resolving end-user problems and working with an incident management system.
- Experience dealing with customers, staff and external suppliers on a continuous basis.
- ISP or telecommunications background
- Mikrotik and other switch/router brand experience, configuration and troubleshooting
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Ticketing, and answering customer queries via the phone
- PC hardware and software, internal WIFI AP’s and VOIP
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven organisational and administration skills
- Able to perform under pressure
- Customer service orientated
- General network and internet understanding
- Knowledge of outdoor wireless networks (Siklu, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik)
- Solid and positive references
- Clear health record
- Clear credit record
- No criminal record
- Vaccinated against covid-19 or prepared to be vaccinated prior to commencing job
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45 minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi time between 07h00 and 18h00.