Provide a support service to the claims department by liaising with clients/stakeholders and providing solutions.
Responsibilities And Work Outputs
- Contribute to the overall team achievement of set team targets through excellence.
- Answer and provide first time resolution and quality driven responses to all correspondences.
- Adhere to the standard operating procedures when communicating with clients through recording and updating of calls, update query with actions taken and escalate to the relevant assessor on the claims system.
- Engage with clients in a client centric manner (Client Services)
- Keep client informed (verbally and/or in writing) if any unresolved queries is outstanding.
- Delivering effective and consistent service and support to external clients within specified service level agreements.
- Engaging and retaining of clients within their current portfolios aligned to the Treating Customers Fairly principles.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
Self-management and teamwork (People)
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, peers and stakeholders.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving your career development.
Contribute to financial controls and planning (Finance)
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Responsibly managing financial and other company resources under your control.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Business Acumen: Understands how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drives business outcomes through the administrative function.
- Client/Stakeholder Commitment: Anticipates, meets and exceeds client’s needs by creating long lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, supports their financial wellness and ensures client centricity.
- Drive for Results: Drive a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results.
- Leads Change and Innovation: Actively participates in change, does what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement through innovation.
- Collaboration: Prioritises the business interests of MMI and invests in the success of the group by aligning effort across divisions.
- Impact and Influence: Supports and gains commitment to the purpose of MMI.
- Self-Awareness and Insight: Manages self and relationships with others effectively and provides perspective in difficult situations.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: Is sensitive to individual and cultural similarities and differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
Experience And Qualifications
- 2-3 years exposure to the Life Insurance industry
- Call Centre knowledge
- Medical terminology preferred
- Must be fluent (read, write and speak) in English and Afrikaans.