AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
A career opportunity exists for a Junior Quality Systems Officer based at the Westmead Biscuit factory. The purpose of the job is to support the functions pertaining to the Group Quality Systems Team.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining of all data inputs into all Quality systems in use including Raw and packaging material database; Shopware, Recipe management; Workflow
- Management of the raw material and packaging database and upload documentation timeously. Data management of all raw and packaging specs and signed liability clauses. Specifications to be on the Neptune
- Database App/ Recipe Management.
- Liaise with suppliers for Kosher, Halaal and GFSI documentation and ensure the system is maintained
- Liaise with suppliers for required documentation and ensure raw material, packaging, process and procedure workflows are completed timeously and tracked
- Updating and uploading of raw material and packaging specifications; final product specifications and
- Inspection plans in the SAP/ Recipe Management system
- Conduct regular system audits
- Manage Quality specifications and questionnaires for the final product on Shopware
- Conduct and assist with Quality-at-Source audits
- Testing of raw materials in baking application
- Assist the sites with queries and troubleshooting
- Updating current and drawing up of new KVI documents for all NBL sites.
- Maintaining and updating quality information systems such as heat seal temperatures, packaging tare weights,
- Sugar Rebates and all processes, which are related to raw material, and packaging.
- Maintain a good working relationship with raw and packaging suppliers.
- Manage Colour standards project: All products within the NBL colour specs to be collected from all sites, sent to the photographer to capture images and print the images to submit to all NBL sites.
- Conduct sensory analysis of Outsourced Products & Analytical testing (Vitasnack Rice Crackers, Rice Cakes, JJ
- Microwave Popcorn and Boudoir). Managing customer complaints for outsourced products. Send samples to
- Lab for Arsenic testing.
- Assist with managing the sensory panel including the selection and screening of members, coordinating samples, running of the sensory tests for National Brands, completion and submission of the reports.
- Submitting sensory samples for testing.
- Manage the Group Quality procedure audit process and maintenance of quality documents on Sharepoint
- Manage the NCR App Admin function
- Manage Quality related Projects as required.
- 2 years in Quality & or Quality Systems within an FMCG environment and Manufacturing Environment
- Degree of Bachelor of Technology in Food Technology/Packaging Technology or any related qualification
- SAP (Recipe Management, Inspection plans, Process parameters
- Knowledge of FSSC22000 and AIB
- Knowledge of conducting internal sensory and sensory training
- MS Office
- Raw Materials Database
- Thinking analytically
- Documenting Facts
- Interpreting Data
- Articulating Information
- Meeting Deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Taking Initiative