We’ are seeking a dynamic Po1 Sales Manager for E-Commerce who will own and manage the key customer relationships with pure play retailers including, but not limited, to Takealot, Loot, Zulzi , as well as omni channel platforms (e.g. Checkers 606/60) and alternative app based delivery services to grow our share of sales and deliver against the internal operating plans and customer expectations.
- You’ll be working with a globally recognised product portfolio (SA Food & Beverages and Essential Foods), experimenting with assortment, pricing and fulfillment, and making a real and visible impact – with the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally .
- As part of the role, the successful candidate will lead the online sales strategy and retailer relationship across all e-commerce platforms.
- This role is focused on accelerating growth across Pepsico’s portfolio with current E-Commerce customers while seeking new opportunities in the market.
- It will only be expected of the candidate to explore viability of direct to consumer solutions as has been the trend in developed markets.
- Although the reporting line is local, the role will have a dotted line to AMESA sector E-commerce lead Bronwyn Patten based in Dubai.
- Own the Customer Sales Relationship, specific areas of focus will include assortment strategy, promotional strategy, new product launches, customer management and delivering results
- Lead execution of annual operating plan, focused on accelerating growth across the portfolio to drive market share gains
- Formulated and managed key account strategy and plan
- Negotiated and managed trading terms and price
- Managed listings, promotions and new product launches
- Managed key account performance including volumes, rebates and budgets.
- Facilitate business reviews with key accounts
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with customers and drive customer satisfaction through superior service and execution. Partner cross functionally to ensure PepsiCo is prepared to service the customer
- Activate local and national initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance
- Analyze customer information and business trends using IRI and Nielsen data and draw insights to identify and expand business opportunities
- Identity new opportunity to develop new business and onboard customers
- Grow share of online sales by harnessing PepsiCo’s evolving and disruptive digital capabilities.
- Explore opportunities for Direct to Consumer opportunities considering scope of the integrated Po1 product portfolio in SA
Key skills / Requirements
- Qualification requirement: Commerce Graduate (3 year degree)
- Proven customer management experience (minimum of 2 years) – as evidenced by previous roles with responsibility for customer strategy and execution.
- Strong analytical skills – create robust analysis and meaningful insights to drive action
- Cross-functional “literacy” – as evidenced by the ability to work with support functions such as Supply Chain (eg. Manufacturing and demand planning), Marketing and Finance
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be comfortable in a dynamic environment and business.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities – as evidenced by a track record of finding feasible solutions to complex problems, especially in an environment with incomplete information and tight timelines
- The instinct for execution—as evidenced by strong organizational skills, prompt follow-up, and focus on task completion
- Ability to understand multiple retailer go-to-market strategies – as evidenced by the ability to shift strategies and solutions as required
- Strong communication skills (including presentation) – as evidenced by the ability to educate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Resilience – as evidenced by the courage to maintain a positive attitude when faced with obstacles and the willingness to develop alternative approaches to overcome them
- Bias for action – as evidenced by a track record of taking decisions in to drive the interests of the business while still maintaining highest levels of rigor and compliance
- Ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally
Apply For More Vacancies Here: