Hippo is South Africa’s first comparison website and compares insurance, other personal finance products, travel, health, money, travel, cars from a range of South African brands.
We’re pioneers with a hunger for the best, bringing customer-focused innovation and service excellence to the financial services industry.
We’re an undivided team of diverse thinkers and doers who believe in leading through technology and pushing beyond limits.
- Financial Planning,
- Industries Insurance
- To partner with operational heads, to ensure that financial information is reported in line with IFRS standards, company policy and business requirements.
- Provide commercial and financial oversight in supporting the operational heads, while monitoring performance to approved budgets. Maintain appropriate communication channels between finance and business
Financial Management & Control
- Work within established systems to deliver prescribed outcomes for a designated area of financial control. Able to monitor and control expenditure.
- Able to interpret the impact of unusual figures identified by analytical review. Able to prepare budgets and forecasts in cooperation with senior managers.
Data Collection & Analysis
- Anomalies are identified and then investigated together with financial accountants to ensure processing is complete and accurate.
- If the investigation does not yield satisfactory results, the management accountant proceeds to investigate the source of data Analyze financial data, extracts and define relevant information.
- Interpret data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and forecast preparation by business unit and consolidation into personal lines.
- Conduct complex analyses of costs for a significant part of the business to identify variances, suggest efficiencies, and increase profitability.
- Perform ratio analysis as well as the interpretation of variances eg. surplus ratio, claims ratio, expenses ratio, and other cost accounting metrics.
Budgeting & Costing
- Deliver a budget for an area of the organization or conduct complex analyses on budget progress in other areas of the organization.
- Running staff lists to ensure each business unit / cost centres have the correct allocation. Budget system management.
- Assist heads with population of templates.
- Liaise between key stakeholders in order to ensure that the budget is accurate and follows logic.
- Provide instruction and answer questions relating to budget procedures.
- Identifies budget issues, provide alternative solutions, and resolve problems.
- Manage the various budget iterations between heads and exco expectations.
- Follow a range of mandatory procedures to ensure that work is carried out to the required quality standards and/or to ensure adherence to external regulatory codes and internal codes of conduct.
Insights and Reporting
- Prepare and coordinate the completion of various financial reports.
Personal Capability Building
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations that apply to this particular function or field of professional expertise, maintain up to date compliance.
- General Education
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Essential);
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management Accounting) or CIMA Qualification (Advantageous)
- Minimum 2 years’ Financial Management Accounting experience 2 years’ Financial Services background
*SAQA Accredited Equivalent* – It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)** competency requirements: FAIS recognized qualifications / Regulatory Examinations / Class of Business Certification and / or CPD according to your DOFA (where applicable) – As a registered Financial Service Provider, we are mandated to ensure that all our representatives are always and remain fit and proper at all times. By applying for this role, you consent to having your relevant qualification and or accreditation or confirm that you are working towards meeting the competency requirements. You further consent to the relevant information being verified.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. TIH is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Internal Applications: This role is graded at C-Lower. Should you apply and you are currently employed at a higher grade and are found successful, your total reward package may be impacted.
Should you not hear from our team in 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Unlock your greatness & be unstoppable
Opportunities You Might Like: