Produce qualitative and quantitative strategic insights analysis into Business Banking segment planning which will identify opportunities for business innovation within the cluster that will inform strategic considerations.
- Extrapolate critical strategic insights from various research, data and other sources to inform segment planning
- Source various research and market/industry specific data to inform segment planning
- Develop, manage and execute primary investigative projects to unpack specific business problems
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships, internally and externally.s to build a market relevant, high quality insights portfolio
- Monitor market activity to continuously maintain and improve on a holistic view of target market, competitors and opportunity for improvement
- Monitor competitor activity by sourcing and analysing competitor data
- Consolidate and crystalise various information sources
- Conduct strategic analysis to support strategic planning
- Adhere policies and procedures by operating within the specified parameters
- Provide recommendations by analysing, interpreting and synthesizing results of primary and secondary research.
- Collaborate with (internal) teams across various functions to obtain insights and impart knowledge
- Provide critical input into the updating and development of strategic planning for the segment, including the design formulation of viable segment CVP’s and detailing required capabilities
- Identify opportunity for business innovation and enhancements, using proven methodologies.
- Explore trends and identified trends that are relevant for the business
- Formulate scenarios on how the relevant trends identified could play out in the future
- Explore scenarios further with a view to identifying opportunity spaces, where the business could innovate.
- Facilitate prioritisation and further development of opportunity spaces
- Request immersive research to test assumptions through client engagements and extract unmet client needs informed by client insights.
- Coordinate all of the above steps to bring all the content from the entire process to a pinnacle resulting in a portfolio of validated and evidence-based concepts, ready for handover to the relevant team for further exploration, commercialisation and distribution.
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diploma or Bcom Degree in Business Management or equivalent
Minimum Experience Level
- 8-10 years of work experience in financial services in a business to business environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and guide strategy to improve business performance and prevent problems
- Confident in expressing opinions, analysis and recommendation
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Creative thinking
- Thinking conceptually and practically
- Connecting dots
- Communicating clearly and empathetically
- Collaboration with all job levels
- Organization and time management
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to formulate reports
- Solid presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to execute on tasks at hand
- Ability to guide analysis and research requirements/outputs