The Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for developing and managing the regional marketing strategy in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region supporting the overall commercial revenue target of Journals and Researcher services. Your primary responsibility is to protect and grow our Open Research/Open Science revenue in the sub Saharan Africa region and to be an advocate for Taylor & Francis Group’s expanding Open Research programs and initiatives. The role reports to the Marketing Head and will work across teams to drive go to market strategy and implementation.
- Driving Open Research Revenue through engagement with key prospects within the SSA market
- Responsible for marketing Journals by planning and implementing effective marketing strategies with the aim of achieving authorship goals and contributing to a profitable, commercial business in Sub-Saharan Africa Region.
- Drive marketing activities to drive our penetration in Sub Saharan Africa regions across journals, and other research solutions.
- Building relationships with key institutions, funders, and research centers to build protect revenue with a specific focus on new business
- Engaging with stakeholders externally to promote Taylor & Francis Group’s position in the Open Research community through conferences and presentation opportunities, supporting colleagues internally with Open Research expertise across the business
- Conceptualize & curate workshops, talks, webinars and other researcher engagement tactics
- Develop effective data analyses and messaging best practice to identify, segment, inform and attract the high impact researchers.
- Aim to understand the needs of researchers, and opportunities, to develop profitable revenue streams for the organization.
- Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to regional growth objectives
- Engage with internal stakeholders within team, across various departments to drive seamless marketing management and be a spokesperson of SSA region.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in Africa region
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advance digital marketing expertise
- Analytical mindset, data driven decisions
- Internal and external stake holder management by developing strong relationships
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment and market trends.
The successful candidate can work remotely but must be based in territory. You must have the right to work and live in South Africa. This role is open to candidates in all areas across South Africa.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: