The Multi Skilled Operative will provide a comprehensive service ensuring a high-quality service is delivered to the client. You will represent ABM as part of an onsite team providing cleaning services on an ad-hoc basis whilst maintaining a professional image to our staff, suppliers, clients and our clients customers at all times. Although the primary focus is on cleaning, as an MSO you will be required to carry out any reasonable tasks for which you are deemed competent and as is reasonable
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To assist with cleaning duties and any other reasonable associated tasks as directed by the ABM nominated supervisors and managers.
- To be flexible and responsive to changing daily priorities fulfilling requirements
- To be knowledgeable of all cleaning related tasks, so that at the commencement of the shift, the current scheduled activity is supported, without the need for specific direction
- To be sufficiently cognisant of the area/building layout to be able to service required areas
- Prioritise jobs according to urgency allowing duties to be completed within any time allocations to the necessary quality, planning around periodic tasks.
- Escalate any issues to the ABM nominated supervisors and managers.
- Ensures that work area is clean, well maintained and all equipment is secure.
- Communicate regularly with ABM nominated supervisors and managers to obtain feedback on quality, service and care.
- To fully participate in the performance review process and personal development planning
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post.
- To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales
- To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the teams in which you work.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Operation:
- Availability as and when required including evenings and weekends depending on shift patterns.
- Promote a clean and safe working environment by ensuring all tasks are carried out in line with company policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Operates and manages workload effectively without supervision.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are applied complying with legislation and company policy and procedure.
- Maintain critical standards for professionalism, service speed & quality assurance.
- Adhere with new policies and procedures to ensure that a respectful workplace exists.
- Sound communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative in the absence of supervision, accepting responsibility
- Knowledge of safety regulations, building codes and other compliance policies. Executing duties in a manner which minimises the incidents and accidents within your Department.
- The staff member must be available throughout the duration of the designated shift.
- All work is completed to a high standard, in a time-efficient manner, consistent with the Clients requirements
- Effective working relations exist with Company personneland Clients
- The Companys professional reputation is maintained.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Always follow ABM Group and company policies and procedures;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;