This role is also responsible for occupational hygiene (incl. public health) and ventilation incident identification and investigation; assisting with ventilation impact assessments as required; assisting with sampling and interpretation of occupational hygiene exposure and ventilation data; and assisting with health and ventilation awareness and training.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensures adherence to legal compliance through monitoring and reporting
- Conduct risk assessments, occupational hygiene (incl. public health) and ventilation measurements and participate in audits
- Conduct daily occupational hygiene and ventilation inspections and record findings
- Report findings and recommend appropriate interventions related to occupational hygiene and ventilation incidents and measurements
- Contribute to the achievement of the SHE objectives and targets of the Operation
- At least 2 years in the Mining and / or Refining environment of which Practical experience of at least 1 year in the Occupational Hygiene or ventilation management or health field
- Plant experience in the refinery is essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Code 08 Drivers License
- Computer literacy in MS Office, SAP, and other specialised technical programs
- SHE Risk Assessment
You should have:
- COM Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control (essential)
- Certificate in Basic Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene measurements (essential)
- Registration with the South African Institute of Occupational Hygiene (SAIOH)
- Studying towards an environmental health (occupational hygiene/public health) degree or diploma
Join us as a Occupational Hygiene Assistant where you will be responsible for assisting the Occupational Hygienist in maintaining Occupational Hygiene and Ventilation systems and programmes.
We take safety seriously. So will you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work.
We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.