- A National Diploma (NQF 6) in Office Management/Public Administration or
equivalent qualification plus a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of Administration procedures, financial management and project
- Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles – service delivery, minutes taking, public
service and department procedures and prescripts.
- Skills: computer literacy, interpersonal skills, organizing skills, presentation and
facilitation skills communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to work with difficult people, responsible and
loyal, honest, and reliable.
- Willingness to work long hours’ voluntary.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Render Secretarial and receptionist support to the Office of the DDG.
- Render planning and office management support.
- Render budget and procurement support services.
- Render HR administration support.
- Provide document management support.
- Make Logistical arrangements for the meetings and travelling arrangements for the
- Assist with consolidation and alignment of monthly reports.
- Provide Client Liaison support.
- All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form (click bold underlined text to download PDF form ) with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications (Matric Certificate must also be attached , ID document, driver’s license (all attached documentation must not be older than six (06 )months) together with the recent curriculum vitae in order to be considered.
- Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full,
the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
- Applications may be forwarded to: The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia
- Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria marked for the attention: Human
- The National Department Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
- Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for
employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous
employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
- Entry level requirements for SMS posts: In terms of the directive on compulsory capacity development, mandatory training days & minimum entry requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a requirement for all applicants for SMS posts from 1 April 2020 is a successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
- The course is available at the NSG under the name certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completion of the NSG Public Service Senior
Management Leadership Programme certificate for entry into the SMS.
- Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a
generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of
competency based assessments.
- The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of performance
agreement and employment contract.
The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.