To ensure the efficient operation of the dispensary and the clinic and to ensure service excellence by leading and
directing the pharmacy team to deliver high standards of Pharmaceutical care in order to meet sales and compliance
targets, leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- To ensure and to provide high standards of pharmaceutical care, accurate and safe dispensing, including generic substitution, and the provision of advice in accordance with Clicks’ way of working, good pharmacy practice and within the legal scope of practice as outlined by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC).
- To efficiently manage and control all operational activities of the dispensary, including safe and responsible stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration in line with merchandising, SAPC regulations and company standards.
- To ensure the operational viability of the dispensary through sound financial management, focus on core dispensary and clinic targets, management of expenses and proactively taking appropriate action as required.
- To ensure competent and motivated employees, including learners and interns, through effective selection, leadership, management and on-going development in order to build capacity and capability to meet current and future business needs.
- To adequately schedule staff in line with the labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To manage customer service initiatives in the dispensary that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To ensure integration and partnership with the clinic and healthcare ailse resulting in a full offering to customers regarding their healthcare needs.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- To drive cohesion, consistency and integration between the store operation, pharmacy and clinic teams.
- To drive a high performing business culture that delivers employee affiliation, customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
- SAPC and relevant legal knowledge
- Ethical working practice and compliance
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of patient care, professional counselling
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Sound understanding and application of financial management principles
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Sound managerial, tutorship and coaching skills
- Results and target driven
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Interpersonal skills (Customer service orientation and effective patient care)
- Computer literacy
- Strong financial acumen
- Leading and Supervising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and Organizing
- Relating and networking
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Working with people
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Essential: Minimum 2 years’ experience post community service year
- Essential: Minimum 1 year People Management experience
- Essential: Registration as Responsible Pharmacist with SAPC
- Desirable: Retail Pharmacy experience
- Desirable: Unisolve experience
- Essential: Registered Pharmacist with SAPC