We are looking for a POS Technician to ensure that all point of sale devices are installed and functional by
monitoring and maintaining the installation and technical requests within the specified Service Level Agreements to
external and internal customers to achieve Nedbanks customer service objectives, including the marketing of
Nedbank Card Acceptance products to meet the needs of customers and stakeholders to achieve business objectives
- Manage service delivery for POS by providing first line and after hours support on a seven day standby week according to Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure monthly returns are completed by adhering to Nedbank’s process and compliance requirements.
- Ensures that POS technical issues are resolved by attending to maintenance , cancellations and installation calls within the Service Level Agreements
- Adhere to service level agreements by delivering on applicable SLA’s.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements; policies; procedures and processes as required for the POS devices.
- Mitigate risk by reporting any deviations from standard operations to management.
- Escalate service failures by reporting to line manager
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers ,clients and stakeholders by adhering to service level agreements, internal processes ,procedures, regular contact , being available and getting to know them.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Build internal relationships by sharing feedback and participating in knowledge sharing sessions with stakeholders.
- Listen to clients and stakeholders and ask questions to understand their needs.
- Market products to existing clients and stakeholders by identifying client needs and matching product to the need.
- Improve performance based on management feedback report by acting on report recommendations.
- Report daily statistics to managers for consolidation. Use recommendations from manager’s report to improve on the quality of work.
- NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- National Certificate NQF Level 5
Minimum Experience Level
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in POS installations and Maintenance
Valid Driving License
- Your own Reliable Vehicle
Type of Exposure
- Answering customer questions
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Communicating complex written information.
- Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation.
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or people’s understanding
- Communicating standards to others.
- Coordinating and securing buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Providing professional advice/opinion
- Using different approaches in new work situations
- Coaching others
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Credit and risk Knowledge