Corteva Agriscience™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
We’re hiring for a Production Technician.
Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
As Production Technician, you will be responsible for monitoring and operating equipment and facilities, insuring quality and conformance with safety and standard operating procedures.
You Will Be Part of Growing Team
The Corteva Rosslyn Seed Production team runs the biggest maize seed production facility in Africa that supplies South African and African seed markets with quality seed. The site is proud of its safety standards and aims to become the benchmark for quality and safety in the region.
- Operating plant and equipment in accordance with safety, housekeeping and operating standards
- Ensuring quality is maintained and improved at every point in the process
- Supervising activities of permanent and seasonal workers
- Conducting minor maintenance of plant equipment
- Performing troubleshooting of equipment breakdowns
- Writing operational procedures and training other operators
- Supporting quality and safety initiatives
Key Stakeholders and Interactions:
In your role, you will be collaborating with other operators, shift leaders, area leaders, maintenance staff, quality assurance and EHS department to improve quality, cost effectiveness, throughput and safety on site.
Corteva Rosslyn Seed Production Facility
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- 3 years plant working experience
- Passion for quality
- Safe working ethic
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What We Can Offer To Help You Grow?
- Opportunity to be part of a global industry leader working to discover solutions to the most pressing agricultural challenges of our time
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility