The Programme Management Officer will support the Head of BI Projects in driving coordination of P101 initiatives, by performing the integrated Programme Management Office (PMO) function along with all required support activities for the P101 Programme across the Anglo American group.
- Design, implement and maintain Group P101 PMO processes, tools & systems to enable consistent delivery of initiatives.
- Facilitate / lead the review of P101 initiatives at Business Unit (BU) and Site management reviews (including steering committees, other forums, etc.) to identify and assess delivery risks and mitigating actions / controls.
- Assist BU and Site PMO resources to ensure they establish executable work plans and appropriate management routines in place to ensure delivery.
- Undertake data analysis and consolidated performance reporting (including data processing, report design, routine and ad-hoc reporting) to develop key insights.
- Develop presentations to communicate strategic insights for executives, relevant to programme direction and highlight recommendations based on data – particularly from P101 Dashboards & analytics.
- Leverage P101 Dashboards, help support adoption & usage of dashboards across sites by reinforcing key concepts & referencing these where applicable.
- Develop, recommend and implement enhancements through collaboration with internal & external sources to continuously improve processes, tools & systems
- Rewrite the policies, processes and systems which apply to your work and operate within these requirements.
- Identify any issues around these that interfere with your ability to complete work or meet the plan.
- Escalate issues to seek action and / or look for alternative solutions.
- Required: An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant Technical, Business or Commercial discipline.
- Desirable: Qualifications in Project / Programme Management OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity.
- Knowledge and experience in programme and project management practices, data management, analysis and reporting activities.
- MS Project experience would be advantageous.
- Track record of managing the successful execution and delivery of initiatives across a global business involving multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of change management practices, facilitation and human behaviour impacts.
- Understanding of the Mining value chain will be advantageous.
Who We Are
- We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet.
- That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
- As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What We Offer
- When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package.
- But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people.
- There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How We Are Committed To Your Safety
- Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work.
- To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
- Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.