We are looking for an experienced Agile Project Manager to join our team of driven and dynamic project management professionals.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the delivery of high-quality projects which span over multiple
business areas and business partners within the Discovery Vitality environment and, ensuring that the project objectives and business requirements are timeously met.
Personal Attributes And Skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Creative thinking and the ability to operationalize innovation.
- An ability to deal with complex issues as well as migrate between detail and high-level requirements.
- A drive and commitment to exceed expectations.
- Reliability and dependability – can be counted on.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Apply and adhere to project management principles and processes and ensure that they are effectively applied throughout the lifecycle of the project, through to project closure and operational handover.
- Apply lean-agile principles and practices to help the organisation respond to change, create flow of value, transparency and drive relentless improvement.
- Apply scaled agile practices such as PI Planning, Scrum of Scrum and Program Kanban boards to help align and coordinate dependencies and create visibility of project progress and risks.
- Compile, update and manage the project plan.
- Produce weekly status reports depicting RAG status project progress and proactive steps to move projects to green.
- Effectively and proactively identify and mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Effective project stakeholder communication and management.
- Supporting, guiding, motivating and facilitating the project teams throughout the project processes.
Education And Experience
- A tertiary education (preferably a Degree or Diploma).
- A formal Project Management Diploma / Training course is preferential.
- A scaled agile certification is preferential.
- At least two years of formal Project Management experience is required.
Vitality’s 2023 ambition is to be the undisputed world leader in behavioural change in financial services, enhancing the lives of 5 million Vitality Health and 1 million Vitality Money members, and making 10 million South Africans 20% more active.
The four pillars of the 2021 People Objectives, supported by a robust Learning & Development platform are:
- Employee Experience
- Amplify Talent
- Strengthen the Business
- Focus on the Future
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.