- The role is so varied but can best be described as property management or Operations management because there are A LOT of moving parts
- In a nutshell, you’ll help us work through our day-to-day operations by picking up the daily tasks associated with running a portfolio of properties: check-ins, check-outs, guest comms, liaising with cleaning staff, maintenance and myself. Performing property inspections and ensuring that our guests are happy at all times.
- You will be an expert on each property and look after them like your own
- You’ll be given the freedom (and expected) to solve problems, improve processes and fundamentally change the way we do things
- We will be finding ways to improve our service to our guests and our clients and new ways to set us apart from the incumbents.
- You’ll have a lot of autonomy and your ideas and passion could help improve the business dramatically
What are the perks/unique aspects of job?
- Often work from home in your PJs if that’s your vibe. When client facing you will need to look presentable
- Great working culture – we grant a lot of autonomy but expect results in return
- Learn skills that could be applied across numerous industries
- Work closely with myself and be involved in almost every decision the business makes
- We want you to be happy, content, feel valued, that your opinion counts and you will have numerous opportunities to make your mark
- We’re a new business and the right person can develop their career and move to a more senior role as we grow
- This is a work from home role, but we might get offices, especially in the beginning to facilitate getting you up to speed. If offices work, we might even keep them. Keep in mind that many tasks will require you to be in town running errands
- Own transport is required (car or scooter)
- This is hospitality so office hours aren’t really a thing. Work won’t stop at 5 pm or on weekends- we’re a 24/7 365 business and things get chaotic sometimes.
- Your phone will be your office a lot of the time. That said, we feel that the days of office hours are behind us and we want you to manage your own calendar.
- We don’t mind if you go to the beach during the workday but will expect you to be available.
- This job is not for the faint-hearted or someone who prefers to sit behind their computer and do mundane tasks – this is a job for doers, movers and shakers and operators.
What skills are we looking for?
- Jack of all trades and undaunted by new challenges
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Intellectually curious – You the kind of person who NEEDS to know how everything works, you tinker with things to understand them and you can’t relax until things are running smoothly
- You don’t need to be a developer but it would help if you’re comfortable with technology. We like to use it in everything we do and we would like to use it more, so please feel free to suggest a new tech approach to us
- Articulate in all forms of communication, spelling and grammar
- You need to be able to think around corners – see hurdles before they occur and sort them out. Iterate so they won’t happen again- Repeat
What character traits are we looking for?
- Positive person – this gets tough sometimes
- Someone with a busy mind would suit this role because your mind will always be running
- You need to be able to roll up your sleeves – this is NOT a role where you sit behind your laptop all day.
- Great work ethic
- Fast learner
- Highly organised
- Highly ambitious
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Worked in hospitality before
- Worked in a successful startup already
- Operations wizz
- Lives in CBD / Atlantic Seaboard
- Experience In short term rentals/Airbnb/property management software
- Experience with Trello/Asana/Notion