The RCL FOODS Talent Acquisition Team is recruiting for a dynamic and experienced Quality and Food Safety Manager, to join our Grocery and Beverages business unit located in Randfontein and Pretoria West, Gauteng.
- This role requires travel to our various other sites located in South Africa and will need to ensure Quality and Food Safety issues at both Randfontein, Molteno and Beverages sites are addressed.
- The purpose of the role is to ensure successful management of resources within the food safety and quality department within the division.
- This includes a chemistry and physical testing laboratory as well as the food safety and customer care departments
- As a Quality and Food Safety Manager, It is essential to provide support to the Grocery and Beverages Business Unit’s staff and management teams to deliver sustainable improvement in product quality, food safety practices, legal requirements and processing outputs.
- A key driver is to implement and sustain process improvement, continuous improvements and manufacturing systems best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile management and board reports on the status of quality and food safety in the division Lead Customer Complaints and Non-Conformances Intervention plans to reduce customer complaints and waste related to quality Report on the quality and food safety aspects that may have an impact on the business.
- Manage the establishment, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of FSSC 22000 within the division.
- Manage the development and maintenance of food safety culture initiatives Manage the establishment, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of laboratory systems (ISO 17025) that will result in the provision of efficient, cost effective, and accurate results.
- Management of external micro lab’s activities Management of external laboratory activities Liaise with the operations team – Processing Managers (Plants), National Procurement Manager – Grocery and Beverages, R&D and Logistics departments on any quality and food safety concerns related to suppliers, raw material, finished product and processes.
- Approval of new suppliers and new raw materials Management of the supplier program including contract packers Ensure all retailer requirements are met, t includes but is not limited to Woolworths, YUM (KFC) and Burger King requirements Management of retailer visits and audits.
- Management of certification, export and regulatory audits. Ensure successful certifications and outcomes in all external audits. Management of departmental staff- selection, performance appraisals, mentoring and development.
- National Diploma Food Technology or equivalent qualification Certified Lead Auditor experience is essential
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in the management of a Quality and Food Safety Department in the FMCG Food industry including packaging Thorough knowledge of FSMS (FSSC 22000, HACCP, ISO 9001)
- Proven experience in providing quality management services in the SA food manufacturing and packaging industry
- Experience in strategy development and execution there of Experience in the management of production quality and food safety in the manner necessary to ensure process efficiency and continuous improvement
- Working knowledge on MSOffice – Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to manage resources Tact and resilience Problem Solving