Looking for a Quality Supervisor to provide overall support with legal & regulatory compliance regarding food safety certifications.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop and maintain standard operating & quality control procedures, to provide assurance of compliance in all food safety related regulations and processes, and to implement and maintain compliance measures for internal processes linked to food safety requirements and quality related aspects of the business.
The role will require integration with other functions, such as sales, production and logistics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring full implementation of the food safety programme (food safety certification requirement), ensuring communication, training and promotion of the programme amongst management and staff.
- Efficiently utilizing all resources to meet customer, company, legislative requirements and to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensuring that technical standards conforms to Food safety requirements and regulations and performances communicated throughout the company
- Maintaining and safe keeping of all supplier, product and process specifications for the company’s products as well as the preparation, maintenance and safe keeping of raw material and packaging specifications.
- Managing internal audit system (internal processes, suppliers and outsourced service providers)
- Management and maintenance of non-conformance and corrective & preventative systems
- Management of customer complaints system
- Reporting to management on quality related matters
- Implementing and improving the necessary quality operational systems, processes, and procedures at the company
- Documenting operational processes and procedures of the company
- Ensuring that all appropriate records are kept for traceability throughout the company
- Liaising with and evaluating all Technical Service Providers
- Facilitating regular internal quality and food safety training for staff
- Cost effectiveness and identification of cost saving opportunities and initiatives for the company
- Supporting the development of efficiency programs within in the quality department
- Providing general and technical support to the logistics, quality, and operations teams
- Assistance with any quality requirements on an ad hoc basis
- Coordinating and supporting management of strategic and quality projects
- Management and improvement of the Health & Safety programme
- Assisting the facility with continuous improvement strategies on an ad hoc basis
- Relevant Tertiary Education
- Minimum 3-5 year’s FMCG environment experience in a related position
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Food Safety Management System (ISO 22000; FSSC 22000; BRC or similar) and supervisor role
• Experience and/or knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety
- Excellent professional written & verbal communication skills in English
- Must be computer literate in MS Office; Excel, Word, and Outlook (Pastel/Syspro will be advantageous/Pivot tables and V-Look Ups)
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving capabilities and results orientated
- Good prioritizing skills, time-management skills and systematic way of working
- Good project management skills and good time keeping (follow through with projects)
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Deadline driven and ability to handle pressure
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist
- Practical & logical approach
- Teamwork and management skills – ability to relate and work with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, be proactive and have a self-driven work ethic
To be a successful candidate, you should demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills and resolve any issues that may derail production and food safety processes. Ultimately, a top-performing quality supervisor should have exceptional communication, management, and leadership skills to ensure that processes run smoothly.