The ideal candidate will have experience in sales-facing engineering or product teams, and will be comfortable partnering closely with Account Executives or other salespeople to break down highly technical products to prospective customers’ teams in a transparent and compelling way.
In addition, the Sales & Integration Engineer will play a role in assisting with onboarding clients across all acquisition channels, refining the tools and platform (such as our documentation, SDKs, and quickstart guides) for clients of any size, from self-serve to marquee.
- Serve as the technical lead for key accounts throughout the sales process, partnering with key account executives to demonstrate how Stitch can address their use case and technical requirements
- Guide clients through the technical integration process, starting from testing all the way through to go-live
- Answer client technical product questions eg. constraints, requirements, integration stack, recommendations
- Advise technical solutions for prospective and new clients planning to integrate Stitch, including demo’ing and showcasing the product integration process
- Define, produce, and evolve platform and tooling to support smooth integration processes across all acquisition channels and various types of clients
- Lead error management during integration, and answer Stitch related product integration queries (API documents, testing, go-live preparation)
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) during go-live phases
- Host client integration workshops, code review workshops and check-ins to advise clients on best practices during technical integration process
- Work with our product & engineering teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- Previous customer-facing experience (advantageous: in a technical sales role)
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly (advantageous: a track record of success in financial technology or technology startup)
A snapshot of our current stack:
- Nact (actor model)
- IdentityServer4 (dotnet core)
- Github & Github Actions
- HQ and Remote Work Stitch HQ is in Cape Town, South Africa. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our beautiful city regularly. We work both in-person and remotely. and…team lunches every day! With friends, family, pets – everyone’s invited!
- Culture & Values Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance.
- We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Our Investors Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut. Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
- This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
Developers! We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.