Thorburn Security Solutions is looking for a Security Contract Manager to organize and oversee all security operations, command security personnel, develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards, demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency skills, strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing security policies, protocols, and procedures
- Controlling budgets for security operations and monitoring expenses
- Recruiting, training, and supervising security officers
- Attend meetings with other managers and clients
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Security Management experience
- Knowledge of the Estate and its clients
- Knowledge of the Estate Rules and Covid 19 regulations
- CCTV Training and investigations
- Knowledge of access control systems
- Client Liaison • Time sheets-roster –Smart /Easy Roster
- Compiling of weekly/monthly reports
- Setting up patrol routes for Instacom Patrols
- Avigilon CCTV Camera-setting up of alarms/users /IVMS CCTV system
- Capturing of transgressions and fines with amounts.
- Selling of access cards and electricity sales
- Report all Incidents and observations to the GM (discuss)
- All incidents must be fully investigated (internal docket)
- Assist saps with investigations.
- Manage all training.
- First Aid and Firefighting.
- Manage the disciplinary code of conduct.
- Staff uniform and ordering.
- Manage all admin on site.
- Ensure directives go out to staff.
- Manage all appraisals monthly for all staff.
- Smooth running of the security operation at the Marina Estate
- Writing letters to residents/letting agencies
- Respond to requests via email
- Report and react to client complaints
- Staff Performance management
- On the job training and staff development
- Conducting stress tests
- Adhere to the Thorburn Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Management System’s Policies & Procedures as applicable to this position.
- Any reasonable action requested by management.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience as security manager
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office -Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills Competencies:
- PSIRA registered -Managerial Skills -Financial budgeting skills
- Training and Recruitment skills
- Emergency response and alarm systems skills
- Investigation and report writing skills
- Computer Literacy -Valid Driver’s licence
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Grade 12 -PSIRA Grade A Qualification
- Further education in security administration
- Drivers Licence