Sefako Makgatho University – Prospectus 2021, Application
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is a university in Pretoria North, Gauteng Province, South Africa.
In this article, you will find all the vital information concerning prospectus, application process and academic calendar.
We have provided information on admissions requirements and relevant school subjects, and you are required to refer to the prospectus which is available below. You are allowed to apply for only two study choices.
- SMU Undergraduate Prospectus 2019
- Application Form for 2021 Academic Year
- School Calendars, please click here
You can apply either online or manually.
Apply Online Here
However, online applications are currently limited to undergraduate qualifications for South African and International applicants who have written or are studying towards the:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- Independent Examinations Board (IEB) certificate
- studying at other South African Universities
Prospective students are encouraged to apply as early as possible and adhere to the closing dates to avoid disappointment.
Manual Application process, please ensure that you:
- Complete the form in full and answer all questions with black ink
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (if applicable)
- Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment. Use the reference number/student number generated by the system when making payment.
Please remember to attach the following documents:
- Certified copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Certified final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results or your National Senior/Matric/ IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate/ divorce decree (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.
Banking Details are as follows:
Account name: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Bank name: Standard Bank Account no.:071244395 Branch no.: 020909 Reference no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
- Your application will not be processed if you have not submitted all the required applicable documentation mentioned above.
- If you have not submitted the required documentation within a period of two months, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
- The University receives more applications than it can accommodate and meeting admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
- There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and it would be issued in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and to be submitted during registration.
- Application forms submitted after the closing dates will not be considered.
Contact Sefako Makgatho University
Call Centre: (012) 521-5057 / 5059 / 5062