- The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs of stakeholder and members within specific projects. The BA will then ensure together with the Project Management Office and our IT partners, that the requirements are accurately translated into system developments. The BA will be working across a range of projects complex and simple, within the eCommerce and Fintech space. In addition, the BA will be tasked with analysing business processes within the company and recommending projects to improve the effectiveness of those processes.
- To undertake the process of understanding business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements to all relevant parties, including internal stakeholders and vendors.
The Senior Business Analyst (eCommerce, Fintech) reports to the Senior Manager: Fintech E&M Marketplace
The Senior Business Analyst will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
Strategy Development and Implementation
Documentation and communication of business requirements in the eCommerce space
- Facilitating the alignment of teams (technical, business, operations) with the stated business strategy and intention
- Work closely with technical and vendor teams to ensure that business ambitions are well known and aligned to in solution delivery
- Work with Opcos to understand local nuances to consider when delivering Group developed solutions; communicate local nuances with main Group team in charge of solution delivery
- Work with other business teams (e.g. Legal, Risk & Compliance, Finance, etc.) to ensure they have full understanding of business ambitions on a per project basis
- Assist in preparing proposals on change initiatives, policies and procedures
- Set up sessions to elicit requirements from identified project stakeholders, document requirements and communicate same with broader team
- Participate in or set up planned and adhoc project and team meetings
- Participate and provide input in strategic meetings
- Participate in industry events and workshops for exposure to industry latest trends
- Ensure effective communication of business ambitions and requirements with all stakeholders
- Maintain latest project documentation and update same with input from stakeholders and team members as projects progress
- Maintain project documentation and document versioning
- Produce high level user journeys as per business requirements and share with design, technical and other teams
- Produce process flow diagrams to facilitate discussion of capabilities and requirements
- Continuously review alignment of deliveries in progress to the stated business requirements.
- Develop and maintain cordial relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the continuous flow of information from various teams.
- Leveraging several mediums, provide scheduled reporting on various aspects of stakeholder engagement, documentation generated, and business process flows as required by Group FinTech.
- Report on an ad hoc basis on specific facets responsibilities, as required by the Group FinTech team
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Business Requirements Document,
- Use Cases, Process Flows, GUI, Screen and Interface designs
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the product development teams through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Perform BA testing on all requirements
- Act as an intermediary between the development team and business where required
- Sign-off on test cases related to the project when required
- Ensure adherence to organisational policies, practises, and procedures
Ways of Working
- Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products,
- Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Leading by Vision: From analyzing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities until communicating the vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies, products, services and ways of working. The result is an inspiring vision on how to succeed in our markets with our consumers in the center.
- Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change and handling of resistance for senior people. The result is an on-time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum of 3-year tertiary degree in Business and/or relevant Information Systems course
- Certification in Business Analysis or equivalent
- At least 6 years’ working experience in IT/Telecoms business analysis
- At least 3 years of Financial/Accounting systems experience within a Finance functional area e.g. Accounting
- At least 5 years related experience in medium to large scale projects and implementation
- Eliciting, deriving and documenting requirements at multiple levels (business, system, technical)
- Exposure to different project management methodologies as well as Analytical Skills
- Proven track record of technical and specialised know-how in the Business Analysis space
- Experience in working in digital projects, utilising Agile methodologies and tools
- Experience in working in waterfall projects using “traditional” methodologies and tools
- Abreast of global and regional outlook & best practices relating to Ecommerce/Digital portfolio
- Have attitude of Innovation & thought leadership
- Emerging markets/ multi-cultural experience
- Ability to learn fast and master the trends in the continuously changing digital/fintech industry
- Willing and flexible to travel extensively throughout the MTN footprint to provide on ground support before and during implementations.
- Understanding of the digital ecosystem, players, technologies, business models and industry related best practices
- Be able to work under pressure in the demanding and complex FinTech management environment, with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple assignments and agile enough to adapt to new challenges
- Strong written and communication skills
- Confident and assertive with a positive attitude
- Customer Centric
- Business Acumen
- Analytics and Interpretation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to Detail to ensure that financial information is precise
- Strong analytical skillswith the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Creating visual presentations so that the data can be understood and used to make strategic business decisions
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the following: Visio, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, MS Excel, MS
- PowerPoint, Visio.
- Strategic Thinking
- Digital mind-set
- Dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- Decision Making
- Financial and Numerical