ALS Head Office is looking for a dynamic and professional Senior Financial Clerk/Accountant.
The clerk / accountant will be responsible for carrying out accounting and administrative duties such as the processing and payment preparation of vendor invoices, reconciliation of statements, following-up on unpaid vendors, obtaining statements and invoices and to provide bookkeeping and clerical support to all financial functions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure invoices are matched against requisitions, purchase orders and goods received notes with reference to quantities, quality, description and price.
- Ensure requisitions, purchase orders and invoices are properly authorized and are in accordance with the appropriate levels of authority.
- Ensure invoices related to contracts agree to the contract.
- Ensure the correct GL account & vendor account is utilised when processing invoices in Accounts Payable module.
- Ensure that the correct VAT is applied to invoices.
- Ensure AP batches are posted regularly.
- Preparation and submission of creditors’ reconciliations (ensure invoices follow sequence).
- Timeous payment of invoices, ensuring discount claimed where applicable.
- Timeous follow up on all AP queries.
- Forward remittance advices to suppliers after completion of payment run.
- File all invoices after payment run according to the agreed filing protocols.
- Prepare weekly analysis of the creditors list.
- Assist with balance sheet recons during the course of the month and the finalisation at month end.
- Assist in preparation of cost/profit centre reports, by maintaining and providing analytical Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Ensure audit deliverables are maintained according to the standard required by the auditors.
- Any ad-hoc duties which are assigned.
- Preparation of financial statements for audit and finance purposes.
- Preparation of cash flow projections.
- Interaction with SARS with regards to any discrepancies or queries.
- CIPC calculations and returns.
- E-Filing of monthly and annual returns.
- Completed BCom Accounting / Management Accounting (CIMA) / Financial Accounting
- Honors and/or completed articles advantageous
- 3+ years’ working experience
- Highly proficient in Excel (advanced skill level)
Knowledge and Work Ethic
- Computer literate: must be accurate and pay attention to details.
- Experience with Pastel Evolution advantageous.
- Proactive, organised and able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Participative and able to work as part of the team.
- Professional in appearance.
- Clearly indicate on your CV that you are applying for the Senior Financial Clerk position.
- Please upload your CV when you apply for this position.
Company may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks from the closing date, your application was most likely unsuccessful.