- To manage, implement and maintain security architecture services in order to ensure that all Government systems and applications are secure and confidentiality is maintained in accordance with Security Standards and Policies.
- To lead and manage the Security Risk Management unit within the Solution Security department to implement, conduct and maintain ICT Security risk management services in order to ensure that all Government systems and applications are secure and confidentiality is maintained in accordance with Security Standards and Policies, in accordance with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for Government.
- This includes identify, plan and develop of security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure for data, solutions, hardware, telecommunications and computer installations.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Develop the ICT Security Policy to assist the stakeholder provide with effective and efficient services and
to ensure that all users the ICT systems are aware of the security risks
- Develop, maintain and review ICT Security and Compliance Frameworks in order to support the ICT
Security Policy implementation
- Develop ICT security standards to to ensure the consistent application of Security Policies across all
components of critical information
- Execute Security Blueprint for Government in order to enable agency to provide trusted secure ICT
security services, fulfil regulatory duties and embed security
- Develop ICT Security Policy Awareness Framework, to ensure that stakeholders comply to the ICT Security
Policy, Procedure and standard
- Provide inputs into the strategy, formulation of policy, planning and management in order to ensure that
SITA’s strategic objectives are aligned to the operations.
- Manage resources (i.e. budget/finances, asset/equipment and staff) within the Department/Division/Unit
in order to ensure the efficient operation and that all the resources are utilized optimally
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum: 3-4-year National Higher Diploma / National First Degree in a relevant discipline / NQF level 7 and or a qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certified information system security professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Management (CISM).
- Professional IT security management certification e.g ITIL Foundation, CoBit Foundation or CISM, GIAC, CCNP,
- ISACA CRISC – security risk information and system control will be an advantage.
- Membership to a (ISC)2 an ISACA and professional body will be an advantage.
Experience: 8 – 10 years working experience in ICT security architecture, governance, policy and compliance in a
- Corporate/Public Sector Organisation including: Experience as a Manager/Specialist in ICT security architecture, governance, policy and compliance in a Corporate/Public Sector Organisation.
Technical Competencies Description
Knowledge of: ICT Charter. ICT Business Environment and Landscape. Government IT. Governance and Risk Management.
- Enterprise architecture framework. Governance Processes and Standards. Project Management principles.
- Analysis and Design Methods. Service Oriented Architecture. Information System Security Technical Standards.
- Project Management. Customer Service Management.
- Solution Delivery Lifecycle. Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Governance Processes and Standards.
- Analysis and Design Methods.
- Information System
- Security Technical Standards.
- Security Standards and Frameworks.
- Disaster Recovery Planning Business Continuity Management.
Leadership Competencies: Customer Experience, Collaboration, Communicating and Influencing, Outcomes
driven, Innovation, Planning and Organising, Creative Problem Solving, Managing People and Driving Performance,
Decision-making, Responding to Change and Pressure, Strategic Thinking.
Other Special Requirements
How to apply
1. To apply please log onto the e-Government Portal: www.eservices.gov.za and follow the following process;
2. Register using your ID and personal information;
3. Use received one-time pin to complete the registration;
4. Log in using your username and password;
5. Select Recruitment Jobs;
6. Select Recruitment Citizen to browse and apply for jobs;
7. Once logged in, click the Online Help tab for support if needed.