- This role will manage all Capex & Indirects procurement categories, to deliver optimal total cost and reliable (assured) supply.
- The role would ideally be suited to a Senior Engineering Consultant who has worked on Supply Chain projects or has some Supply Chain skills and experience
This includes the following key performance areas;
- Developing and maintaining category procurement/supply strategies and plans.
- Driving the execution of category plans through formal category management and strategic sourcing methods.
- Benchmarking suppliers/categories, on an ongoing basis, to ensure optimal cost and performance.
- Developing and managing a high-performance team of procurement managers, including providing category management and strategic sourcing leadership to the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team members.
- Developing existing and new suppliers’ capabilities, and capacity, to ensure a top performing supply chain.
- Ensuring effective internal and external stakeholder communication, involvement and buy-in, especially with franchisees.
Strategic thinking: 30%
- Develop and maintain procurement strategies per sub-category to ensure reliable supply over the short term and into the long term.
- Lead cost engineering initiatives to reduce/maintain capex and balance with opex to ensure best total cost.
- Perform medium to long term planning with suppliers to align their growth to that of KFC.
- Identify supplier and supply chain risks that would put supply, cost and performance in jeopardy in the short, medium and longer term, and develop risk mitigation strategies and plans, which will include contingency plans.
- Provide input into overall SCM strategies and plans, including logistics, supply planning, and projects
Coach and support: 30%
- Develop and maintain a KPI scorecard system to track the performance of the categories and the team.
- Support the Supply Chain Director with Supply Chain Council meeting preparation and plans, to ensure effective council meetings and involvement.
- Drive strong Franchisee and internal support for the own team and the broader SCM team, through delivering results and performance from the suppliers, supply chain and team members.
- Drive the HWWT2 and customer mania mindset within the team, to ensure teamwork across the entire SCM team, other functions, franchisees and suppliers.
- Plan career development and growth opportunities with each team member.
- Execute the category plans and goal results for categories led.
- Implement appropriate supplier relationship & performance management practices across the supply base.
- Ensure reliable supply through supplier stock management and effective system replenishment.
- Ensure pricing control & visibility for the system, and required spend analysis to exploit commercial opportunities.
- Maintain good franchisor / franchisee / distributor / supplier relationships.
- Ensure all category management related documentation and records are well maintained on the shared folders for knowledge building/retention and audit purposes.
- Degree in the following areas will be considered Supply Chain/Engineering or related.
- Engineering qualification highly favoured.
- Min 6 – 8 Years’ Engineering related experience, having worked on Supply Chain related projects.
- A minimum of 2 years at a senior management level with responsibility for direct reports.
- Strong commercial understanding and experience in driving down cost and identifying cost saving opportunities, with a track record of delivering total cost savings.
- Possess excellent negotiating skills, obtained from strategic or complex negotiations.
- Experience in strategic sourcing and strategic category management, including understanding technical product complexities, supplier or product cost drivers and other factors that influence pricing.
- Preferably experience in managing capex and indirect spend categories as well as an engineering background.
- Ideally possess experience in formal project management.
- project management,
- demand & supply management,
- strategic thinking,
- and broad supply chain experience